Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:54 AM

Wow, Rebekah Brooks arrested today.

http://www.nytimes.c.../18hacking.html
Show me your dragon magic

#32 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:46 AM

[blockquote]Fox Television Stations, Inc.'s licenses (Including WWOR-TV) are up for renewal next year. By then, the FBI should have figured out whether hacking occurred in the United States. But the truth is, we don't need an FBI investigation to determine whether Murdoch qualifies to hold a government-issued broadcast license for the public airwaves. Rupert Murdoch's admission of wrongdoing via this week's apology is proof of bad "character." Now its time to see if the FCC has the guts to hold News Corp and Fox up to the same standard as General Tire and RKO.
[/blockquote]
http://tunheimmilan....fox-tv-stations

#33 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

Wow this is really getting bad. The backlash seems worse over there than here though, especially public outrage. Maybe it's just the way I'm reading it?
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#34 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

Wow this is really getting bad. The backlash seems worse over there than here though, especially public outrage. Maybe it's just the way I'm reading it?

It's way worse over there, dominating all media. Interesting thing is that it's not all dividing along partisan lines - you have right wing MPs and the non-Murdoch right wing papers all over it, yet the leftish BBC are very stand-offish, they seem to be a day behind always which is a long time in a story which changes by the hour. Other than their business editor who is bizarrely feeding chunks of New Corps spin to us. Anyway, the head of Scotland Yard just resigned and the Serious Fraud Office is investigating - this is potentially interesting since it's about shareholder money being spent inappropriately (bribes and pay-offs) and that might be the thing that tips it into US jurisdiction which is clearly what NC is dreading.
I think I said it earlier, the public outrage was about the murdered girls phone being hacked - that's not a central part (at this stage the hacking isn't really the major thing), but it focused the UK's public opinion right after the trial of her killer. That's why this is happening, there's nothing happening that people didn't know or strongly suspect.

#35 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

Wow, London police chief resigns....

#36 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

We're just getting started with the investigation over here. Give it time, it's going to get as bad over here as in London. They have more details to get angry about at this point in time.

#37 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:15 PM

Rupert and James Murdoch (plus Rebekah Brooks, though might not appear since arrested and possibility of self-incrimination) in front of parliamentary committees on Tuesday morning (US time), should be on C-Span. Think senior London police officers are also called that day.

#38 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:18 PM

http://www.theatlant...er-done/242037/

#39 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:36 PM

http://www.theatlant...er-done/242037/

Unbelievable! They are trying to lump the hacker in with the ones who got hacked in a major white wash attempt.

#40 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:45 PM

Yea, the "piling on" by the liberal media. They are the true victims here. Posted Image

#41 Jill

Jill

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:58 PM

Yea, the "piling on" by the liberal media. They are the true victims here. Posted Image

You haven't heard the half of it. Read this Editorial from today's WSJ. Try not to have anything breakable beneath your chin.

The last time the liberal press demanded a media prosecutor, it was to probe the late conservative columnist Robert Novak in pursuit of White House aide Scooter Libby. But the effort soon engulfed a reporter for the New York Times, which had led the posse to hang Novak and his sources. Do our media brethren really want to invite Congress and prosecutors to regulate how journalists gather the news?

Uhm, yes, asshole, we do. We don't want you hacking into missing persons' cell phones. We don't want you bribing the fucking police. We don't want you doing many things that I'm sure haven't even been exposed yet, but which I'm equally sure are as lowlife despicable as the above.

Oh yeah, when the "liberal press" (please Posted Image ) went after Novak to expose Scooter Libby, it's because Scooter Libby had COMMITTED A CRIME, for which he's now IN PRISON.

Fuck you, you self-serving turd.

#42 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:13 AM

The WSJ editorial is great - it shows how desperate and worried they are. Another senior policeman suspended, then resigned today.

#43 Jill

Jill

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:41 PM

Holy crap. News of the World phone-hacking whistleblower found dead

#44 Jill

Jill

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:41 PM

The WSJ editorial is great - it shows how desperate and worried they are. Another senior policeman suspended, then resigned today.

I knew you'd like that one, TAP.

#45 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

too funny. LULZ has hacked The Sun's website, www.thesun.co.uk forwards to twitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users