4 replies to this topic

#1 Jill

Jill

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

Awesome article about the techniques Faux Noise uses to brainwash their viewers. Explains a lot about why certain shitty data posters can't be reasoned with.

#2 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:03 PM

Awesome article about the techniques Faux Noise uses to brainwash their viewers. Explains a lot about why certain shitty data posters can't be reasoned with.

That was awesome & this: 3. Projection/Flipping. This one is frustrating for the viewer who is trying to actually follow the argument. It involves taking whatever underhanded tactic you're using and then accusing your opponent of doing it to you first. We see this frequently in the immigration discussion, where anti-racists are accused of racism, or in the climate change debate, where those who argue for human causes of the phenomenon are accused of not having science or facts on their side. It's often called upon when the media host finds themselves on the ropes in the debate.

is the most frustrating tactic & my biggest pet peeve. I would gladly strangle someone til their head puffs up & then pop their head off w/my thumb just like opening a milk carton.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#3 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

That's great, why is it hiding in this thread :D
Show me your dragon magic

#4 Jill

Jill

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

That's great, why is it hiding in this thread :D

I don't know. Where else should it be? Feel free to post it anywhere else you'd like.

#5 Jill

Jill

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:22 PM

That was awesome & this: 3. Projection/Flipping. This one is frustrating for the viewer who is trying to actually follow the argument. It involves taking whatever underhanded tactic you're using and then accusing your opponent of doing it to you first. We see this frequently in the immigration discussion, where anti-racists are accused of racism, or in the climate change debate, where those who argue for human causes of the phenomenon are accused of not having science or facts on their side. It's often called upon when the media host finds themselves on the ropes in the debate.

is the most frustrating tactic & my biggest pet peeve. I would gladly strangle someone til their head puffs up & then pop their head off w/my thumb just like opening a milk carton.

LOL! I'd love to see that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users