#1 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

Bizarre, plane turned back from US airspace because of blacklisted passenger, but wasn't even going to land in the US....
http://www.guardian....aquel-gutierrez
Show me your dragon magic

#2 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

Honestly, I have no problem with this. Ever since a couple of flights outta Boston made unexpected stops at NYC tourist attractions, I'd say that any country has a 100% right to control its airspace. Hell, I even love the comments. "Yanky Imperialism"...as if it's imperialistic to control what occurs inside your borders. The only valid point the author can make is whether she was legitimately listed. I agree that these lists go beyond what is necessary. But notice, as if the author is full blown retarded, that she links to an article about one of her compatriots (Bolivian VP) and in that very article it discusses Bolivia expelling US diplomats without charges or trial. This happens repeatedly in Latin American, leftist countries. Is she really surprised that it goes both ways? Anyway, whadya wanna bet that, in the future, AeroMexico checks its passenger list against US no-fly lists and saves itself the cost of a lot of fuel. If the author believes that AeroMexico values her as a customer more than a good relationship with US customs, she's got her head up her ass.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#3 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

So it's her responsibility to check which countries the plane flies over?

#4 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

So it's her responsibility to check which countries the plane flies over?

Mexico DF to Barcelona seems likely to cross Florida. Maybe she's one of J's crazy exs, and that got her on the list? Anyway, my only point is that it IS valid for a country to be able to control its airspace (unless you're Pakistan or parts of Iraq from 1993-2003).

I would imagine it's AeroMexico's responsibility to deal with it before they get to US airspace (or any other country's air for that matter). Again, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason for her being on the list is shit, but she IS on the list and I doubt it will change easily. Surely the "I was never tried and convicted" reason isn't enough to get you off a no fly list.

Personally, I feel worse for all the people who share a name with a suspected terrorist or his/her alias. Those people can't fly by coincidence.
Sister burn the temple

#5 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

97% of US high-schoolers likely wouldn't know that Mexico City to Barcelona crosses Florida - need some math (great circles) as well as geography.

#6 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

Indeed.
Sister burn the temple

#7 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:31 AM

Honestly, I have no problem with this. Ever since a couple of flights outta Boston made unexpected stops at NYC tourist attractions, I'd say that any country has a 100% right to control its airspace. Hell, I even love the comments. "Yanky Imperialism"...as if it's imperialistic to control what occurs inside your borders.

The only valid point the author can make is whether she was legitimately listed. I agree that these lists go beyond what is necessary. But notice, as if the author is full blown retarded, that she links to an article about one of her compatriots (Bolivian VP) and in that very article it discusses Bolivia expelling US diplomats without charges or trial. This happens repeatedly in Latin American, leftist countries. Is she really surprised that it goes both ways?

Anyway, whadya wanna bet that, in the future, AeroMexico checks its passenger list against US no-fly lists and saves itself the cost of a lot of fuel. If the author believes that AeroMexico values her as a customer more than a good relationship with US customs, she's got her head up her ass.

this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users