5 replies to this topic

#1 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

It's about time these preventive health care service were completely covered by health insurance.

http://www.hhs.gov/n.../20110801b.html

Last summer, HHS released new insurance market rules under the Affordable Care Act requiring all new private health plans to cover several evidence-based preventive services like mammograms, colonoscopies, blood pressure checks, and childhood immunizations without charging a copayment, deductible or coinsurance. The Affordable Care Act also made recommended preventive services free for people on Medicare.

Today’s announcement builds on that progress by making sure women have access to a full range of recommended preventive services without cost sharing, including:
•well-woman visits;
•screening for gestational diabetes;
•human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA testing for women 30 years and older;
•sexually-transmitted infection counseling;
•human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) screening and counseling;
•FDA-approved contraception methods and contraceptive counseling;
•breastfeeding support, supplies, and counseling; and
•domestic violence screening and counseling.

#2 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:25 PM

WASHINGTON – Aug. 5, 2011 – The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has completed its website offering health insurance to Floridians with a pre-existing condition – those who have had trouble finding coverage elsewhere. “For the first time in a year and a half, I now have health care insurance,” says Paul Burns with Charles Burns Real Estate in Fernandina Beach. “It was remarkably easy to enroll and the customer service is efficient.” The coverage is similar to standard health plans. In addition to monthly premiums, for example, participants pay a $25 co-pay for each doctor visit, and they face a yearly deductible (before benefits kick in) of $1,000 to $3,000, according to the HealthCare.gov website. To qualify for coverage, applicants must: • Be a citizen or national of the United States or lawfully present in the United States. • Be uninsured for at least the previous six months. • Have a pre-existing condition or been denied coverage because of a health problem. Burns says he was asked to supply either a letter from his doctor or a refusal letter from an insurance company to qualify for the third condition. Rates vary based on policy selected and applicant’s age. A standard option for a young adult in Florida starts at $176 per month for the standard option and goes up to $237 for the extended option. Adults 55 and older would pay $376 to $505 per month.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#3 Jill

Jill

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:21 AM

What's incredible to me, is that on the right we have people who loathe Obama for creating this law at all, without bothering to even know the benefits of it. And on the left, we have people who will argue until your fingers go numb disputing them, that Obama hasn't accomplished anything, and that all he does is "cave" to the rightwingers. Thank G-d for you guys who actually have brains.

#4 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

Well as you know, the health care overhaul only benefits liberal voters and will not apply to republicans. That's why they are so angry, or so I hear.

#5 Jill

Jill

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

Oh, it's actually worse than that! The health care overhaul not only only benefits liberal voters, but Republicans are the ones who'll have to pay for it! Or something.

#6 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:16 PM

haha, they have to pay for women's health care...something they apparently loathe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users