7 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:09 PM

Don't worry about Matilda. Heath Ledger's little girl is going to be taken care of. Especially now that the insurance company that had been holding out on paying the late actor's $10 million policy has reached a settlement with Ledger's estate. Since the 28-year-old actor died Jan. 22, 2008, Minnesota-based ReliaStar Life Insurance Co. had been balking (it's an insurance company after all) on making good to Ledger's sole heir, his 2-year-old daughter with Michelle Williams, Matilda Rose. Even though the coroner labeled Ledger's death an accidental prescription drug overdose, the insurer suggested Ledger committed suicide, voiding the massive payout. But on Wednesday, one of the estate's attorneys, William M. Shernoff, informed Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Luis A. Lavin that the two sides had hashed out an agreement. "We're pleased that we were able to reach an amicable settlement of the dispute," Shernoff tells E! News, declining to divulge any financial details about the confidential deal. Margaret Levy, an attorney for ReliaStar, was unavailable for comment. Shernoff has asked the judge to keep the arrangement under seal. The next hearing is scheduled for Feb. 23—the day after Ledger is expected to win a posthumous Oscar for his role as the Joker in The Dark Knight.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#2 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

Good that she will get the money, sad that she will never know her Dad who did love her so much.
You Commie, Homo Loving Sons of Guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:44 AM

Good for her, but I'm much more concerned with the lower profile cases that wouldn't be picked up by Entertainment Tonight. Insurance companies fuck a lot of people.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#4 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:49 PM

Yes they do! I'm one of them!
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#5 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

^^So am I. They're little more than greed sucking scum.

#6 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:13 AM

Screwed me for about ten thousand a few years back.

#7 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:29 AM

I was taken for a cool 100K and I don't wish to speak of it, besides a loud mouthed court officer and ......ah! whatever....
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#8 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:29 PM

There will be a special place in hell for insurance companies and those who work for them. I remember my letter to IHC ended with "Or you can call me at this number and that way I can tell you to go fuck yourself." I also recall calling the guy an "Empty shell, void of any human characteristics or emotion." Summin like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users