104 replies to this topic

#16 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

Though of course anyone with any understanding of the justice system and this case would know that. But people use a term like "recant" without knowing what it really means and claim that the whole thing was fixed.

Fuck you Flagg, seriously, just fuck off. I'm sick and tired of trying to engage you in any type of civilized debate when you continually resort to these underhanded insults. You win, you are so much smarter than me. There, feel better.

#17 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

My honours project is around the abolition of capital punishment in the UK. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Posted Image

RF, when you say "There has yet to be proven one instance in modern history of an innocent person being put to death", how far back are you going and are you just talking about the US? Because I definitely know of some cases where innocent (or very likely to be innocent) people were executed or even found innocent posthumously. Posted Image
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

#18 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:57 PM

You've got to be fucking kidding me? The recantation of 7 of the 9 witnesses who testified against him at his trial raises a huge amount of doubt.

You say I'm "fucking kidding you" when you obviously misinterpreted what was going on. Then get mad at me for pointing out the error.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#19 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

My honours project is around the abolition of capital punishment in the UK. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Posted Image

RF, when you say "There has yet to be proven one instance in modern history of an innocent person being put to death", how far back are you going and are you just talking about the US? Because I definitely know of some cases where innocent (or very likely to be innocent) people were executed or even found innocent posthumously. Posted Image

I'm talking about the US and by modern history I'd say starting in the 2nd half of the 20th century. I'm well aware of how the issue was handled before then. Show me a soure from somewhere other than an amnesty international ( a place that doesn't have a motive for there to be errors in the death penalty) type link. Plenty of people claim their innocent. Many are given a 2nd chance through DNA technology. Very few from that pool are exhonerated. Being put to death in the US requires an enormous amount of evidence and a much higher proof of guilt than a normal reasonable doubt requires. People aren't tried and convicted within a short time and then put to death a week later. It took what 5-6 years for McVeigh to be put to death, and he plead guilty the whole way through. That's about as speedy as it gets.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#20 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

You've got to be fucking kidding me? The recantation of 7 of the 9 witnesses who testified against him at his trial raises a huge amount of doubt.

You say I'm "fucking kidding you" when you obviously misinterpreted what was going on. Then get mad at me for pointing out the error.

I'm not mad at you for pointing out any error, I'm mad at you because you continually insult, post after post. It does not add to your debate, just makes you look like a gigantic jackass.

#21 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:27 PM

Again without claiming much knowledge of this case, it's curious how not only opinion about death penalty, but belief in innocence/guilt falls along ideological lines. Without knowing anything about the case I'd have bet $1000 in predicting Coulter, Flagg, Zimbo, Whistler's M etc opinion and I would have won. And it's not just this case.
Show me your dragon magic

#22 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

Again without claiming much knowledge of this case, it's curious how not only opinion about death penalty, but belief in innocence/guilt falls along ideological lines. Without knowing anything about the case I'd have bet $1000 in predicting Coulter, Flagg, Zimbo, Whistler's M etc opinion and I would have won. And it's not just this case.

What you're saying is we're all boringly predictable. Posted Image

#23 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

What you're saying is we're all boringly predictable. Posted Image

No, I'm saying I wish CC had a bookmaker :D
Show me your dragon magic

#24 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:30 PM

Hummmm....

#25 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:46 PM

http://www.guardian....avis-10-reasons

http://www.npr.org/b...-protests-mount

#26 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:37 PM

The U.S. Supreme Court denied a last-minute stay of execution for Troy Davis after a delay to weigh arguments from Davis' legal team and the state of Georgia over whether his execution should be blocked.

The court's decision to deny the stay came after 10 p.m. ET, more than three hours after Davis' execution originally was scheduled today.

The execution now is expected to occur by 11 p.m. ET.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=14571862

#27 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:04 PM

Supreme Court statement:

http://www.supremeco...s/092111.zr.pdf

#28 Felina

Felina

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:05 PM

artcinco ~ sure, I meant to cite this in my first post: http://www.innocence...twork_Davis.pdf

I'll show you where coulter emotionalizes only part of the correct information. But right now, I' listenting tothe people outside of the prison as in Zim's post ^
"You will never have a pirate ship they cost millions moron."

#29 Felina

Felina

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:14 PM

Time of death of Troy Davis was at 11:08PM
http://www.democracynow.org/ live streaming
"You will never have a pirate ship they cost millions moron."

#30 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:43 AM

If we're going to continue this practice, we should impose a very strict standard on when capital punishment can be imposed, such as with a CREDIBLE eye witness to the event or clear physical evidence.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users