4 replies to this topic

#1 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

Wonder what he would think of the world today? Wonder how he'd feel about his Boulevards being the breeding ground for drug deals and crime?

Something I've always wondered:
I remember when his speech writer died..

Does that take some luster off what he said if it wasn't his words? If he didn't come up with "I have a Dream" is it as special if some other guy wrote it?
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#2 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

What he would think of the things going on today is a good question. Not sure of the answer though.

#3 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

I always thought it was a shame that almost every street with his name on it was in the crappier part of town.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#4 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

Shit parts need names to and it's not likley they would call them the OJ or Nixon street, etc.

#5 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:16 PM

I think he would be deeply saddened, disgusted, and outraged.

The state of affairs in the black community would be a great source of sorrow considering the rights and opportunities that have been guaranteed by law for more than half of a century. He would be disgusted by the willingness of the black community to allow the government to destroy the black family. He would also be disgusted by the millions of blacks who glorify violence and illegality within their own community. I think he would be outraged by those in positions of black leadership who evoked his name while leading the black community so far astray from his original message of equality and exceptionalism. His original message has been perverted for personal and political gain in creating a new generation of black victim that would absolutely break his heart.

Martin Luther King, Jr. would be called an Uncle Tom if he were alive today. His views are far more consistent with Alan Keyes or Ken Hamblin than any of the usurpers to the throne who claim to be civil rights activists today. While he would certainly be happy about the progress many blacks have made by taking advantage of their rights and opportunities, he would not shy away from asking how millions of others could so easily give up their self-respect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users