52 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

WASHINGTON -- Democrats needed to collect 540,208 signatures to trigger a gubernatorial recall election against Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker ®. On Tuesday, they announced they had far exceeded that number, collecting more than one million signatures.

Tuesday was the deadline for recall organizers, led by the group United Wisconsin, to turn in their petitions. The number collected is 185 percent of the signatures required to force a recall election. Organizers also collected enough to trigger a recalls of the lieutenant governor and four Republican state senators.
The total went far beyond Walker's expectations.

"From what they say, they're probably going to turn in 720,000 today," Walker said in an interview with right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh Tuesday afternoon. "That's a lot of signatures, but they've been planning this since late last spring. They've got tons of money from the big government unions in Washington and around the country."

A Walker recall is the next step in a campaign to oust state Republicans who pushed forward controversial budget legislation stripping state employees of their collective bargaining rights. In August, Democrats successfully recalled two Republican state senators from office, but they fell short of the three needed to take control of the chamber.

Republicans plan to challenge the signatures collected by Democrats, and the state Government Accountability Board must certify that of the signatures that were turned in, there are indeed 540,208 valid ones. Democrats had hoped to collect a significantly higher amount in order to buffer against any signatures that may get disqualified. The verification process will take months, and GAB plans to ask a court for more than the allotted 60 days to complete its review process. A recall election -- if it happens -- may not occur until at least June.

There have been only two successful gubernatorial recall elections in history, one against California Gov. Gray Davis in 2003 and one against North Dakota Gov. Lynn Frazier in 1921.

No Democrat has stepped forward yet to announce a challenge to Walker in a potential recall race. Wisconsin Democratic Party Chairman Mike Tate said the party won't put a candidate forward until early 2012 so the recall is viewed as a referendum on Walker and the focus remains on his record.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#2 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

not sure about this. Dude seems like he did some fucked up shit ,but yet it was all done legally and the voted the prick in....

#3 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

I don't think playing the union busting card will help them. It's not secret that this whole drive is being ran by the unions and their recall of the senators was pretty much a failure. The bottom line is how is Wisconsin financially after these changes and are these changes responsible for that change? The democrats also not having a candiate to run against him makes it that much more difficult to win. But we shall see. I know why they're doing it. because when Walker challenges them on how they would fix their budget and bring to light how unchecked the public unions were, the Democratic nominee is going to cringe like a cockroach in the spotlight.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#4 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

I don't think playing the union busting card will help them. It's not secret that this whole drive is being ran by the unions and their recall of the senators was pretty much a failure. The bottom line is how is Wisconsin financially after these changes and are these changes responsible for that change? The democrats also not having a candiate to run against him makes it that much more difficult to win. But we shall see. I know why they're doing it. because when Walker challenges them on how they would fix their budget and bring to light how unchecked the public unions were, the Democratic nominee is going to cringe like a cockroach in the spotlight.

Actually, the dems gained two seats & the repubs lost two in those senate recalls. That's a positive for the dems. And the Walker recall is not just about the unions & collective bargaining. He's been fucking shit up since he got in office & people are pissed to say the least. Too bad no one else on here is from Wisconsin, it's so much easier when you actually live in the state you're talking about. Otherwise you get just a bunch of heresay. Anyway, if they actually got more than a million recall signatures, that's beyond embarrassing for Walker, that's about how many people voted for him. Yikes! And this election won't take place until June at the earliest, plenty of time for a dem candidate to come thru. I'd love to see Feingold run against that fucker.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#5 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

Check this out: http://www.todaystmj...Pffj1g.facebook

This piece of shit has the nerve to bitch & moan, crying that the unions here are getting all this out of state support & then oh lookie here! 61% of his money coming in is from out of state supporters. This ass needs to go, his hypocrisies know no bound.

#6 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

New Poll Delivers Scott Walker Good News
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#7 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

Yes, I & many others are very perplexed by that poll considering the massive amount of signatures they handed in for the recall, the total dislike for him throughout this year & it's still going strong. I really wonder who they polled because that number just makes absolutely no sense.

#8 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

Everyone puts on their poker face in politics. Right now Walker is waiting to see if there are enough valid signatures to force the recall election. If there are, then he and his opponents get to make their case to the state's voters to see if he should keep his job or be shown the door. Very interesting to watch especially because elements of the curtailing of collective bargaining by public sector unions and offering the “right-to-work” to workers are also playing out in other states.

#9 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

Tables turned, WI students in State Capitol chant “We’re with Walker”

#iThing #word

#10 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

Tables turned, WI students in State Capitol chant “We’re with Walker”

#iThing #word

I think that should read "Kids with Republican Parents, Who Attend Private Religious School, Surprisingly Pro-Walker".
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#11 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

^ Details... details...

#12 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

I think that should read "Kids with Republican Parents, Who Attend Private Religious School, Surprisingly Pro-Walker".

Only if the original read "Kids shipped in on union dime, Who Are Paid By The Public Dollar And In Return Support Democrats, Suprisingly Against Walker's Attempt To Corale Enormous Costs of Public Sector Unions"
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#13 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

If only Flagg actually lived here & knew what he was talking about.
As it is, he doesn't. Anyway, Walker recall is moving forward.

#14 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Only if the original read "Kids shipped in on union dime, Who Are Paid By The Public Dollar And In Return Support Democrats, Suprisingly Against Walker's Attempt To Corale Enormous Costs of Public Sector Unions"

What "original"? Did I miss something?
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#15 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

What "original"? Did I miss something?

I think he's trying to be cute. Talking about our protests here. So people were shipped in from out of state? Who cares? Walker just received a bunch of money from....out of state people!!!! Fucking hypocrite. Were the protests strictly about losing collective bargaining rights? Sure, but there were other issues as well. Wouldn't you be pissed if you lost your ability to negotiate a pay raise at your job? Yeah, I think you would. Again, who wouldn't protest about that? Did Walker eliminate our deficit? Nope, he didn't. Another lie. So all in all, Flagg's talking out of his butt again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users