52 replies to this topic

#31 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

The right will rejoice and say it's how the country feels about Obama and "union thugs."

Wait for it...
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#32 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

^ True, but that is a fair sentiment isn't it? The Left made this about unions when they protested in the capital. It was about unions for the recall until they found out it wasn't the driving force they thought it would be. Then it became anyone but Walker, until they finally had a candidate. Anything could happen tomorrow, but I think it's a fair assessment that the general public is fed up with the Krugman economic theories that have dominated the landscape the past few years and had little tangible results, if any. Obama has embraced them, and didn't distance himself from the OWS bullshit. As the summer approached and the SC's decision role out and Obama is held accountable for a bleak economy on programs and stimulus he authored, falling back on social issues to divide and conqueor won't return the dividends he's hoping for. As the real swing states start to move towards Romney (and again, it's still early - wait for August), it's stuff like the Wisconsin union effort that will bite the Left in the ass.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#33 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

^ True, but that is a fair sentiment isn't it? The Left made this about unions when they protested in the capital. It was about unions for the recall until they found out it wasn't the driving force they thought it would be. Then it became anyone but Walker, until they finally had a candidate. Anything could happen tomorrow, but I think it's a fair assessment that the general public is fed up with the Krugman economic theories that have dominated the landscape the past few years and had little tangible results, if any. Obama has embraced them, and didn't distance himself from the OWS bullshit. As the summer approached and the SC's decision role out and Obama is held accountable for a bleak economy on programs and stimulus he authored, falling back on social issues to divide and conqueor won't return the dividends he's hoping for. As the real swing states start to move towards Romney (and again, it's still early - wait for August), it's stuff like the Wisconsin union effort that will bite the Left in the ass.

I was fed up w/Walker a couple months into his administration. And it just got worse from there. As I've mentioned in another post, I have NUMEROUS reasons for wanting him out. Dismantling unions is the least of it. The only positive thing that will happen if he stays is he'll inevitably fuck up the state to the point of no return & a democrat will be nominated for quite a few terms. That's what keeps me going.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#34 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

Official tally isn't in yet of course, but 60% - 40%. That's a pretty big wing for Walker.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#35 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

Yep he won. Can't wait for his ass to get booted at the end of his pathetic term. And the percentage results was 53% to 46%, not 60/40.

#36 Whistlers Momma

Whistlers Momma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

The Republicans lost one of its state senator members, didn't it, making it the Democrats in control by one person? Walker will have a harder time passing stuff at least.

#37 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

^ There are no more legislative sessions before the November elections which will use redistricting maps drawn by the Republicans.

Just sayin.'
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#38 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

Five Lessons From Big Blue's Wisconsin Disaster

#39 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

Union-Busting GOP Governor Scott Walker Demands Return Of Unionized NFL Referees

#40 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

Yes, I posted that on another thread, can't remember which one. Walker's a straight up piece of shyte.

#41 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

He'd get my vote if he could get the real refs back :)
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#42 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

shyte.

The 21st century spelling is shite :D
Show me your dragon magic

#43 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

The 21st century spelling is shite :D

I prefer shyte, it's classier.

#44 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

Evidently when teachers are no longer forced to bankroll their union they don't.

http://conservativeb...on-decertified/

#iThing #word

#45 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

http://www.rightwisc...-223560001.html

#iThing #word

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users