"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#2 Whistlers Momma

Whistlers Momma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

Poor kid! Had to make her dad a pot of office. Did yous see he had over 350 comments on that video?

#3 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

http://twitter.com/#!/DRUNKHULK/status/168052591148802048
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#4 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

Saw this just before I came here actually. I see everyone's talking about how great this is and "Whoop! Awesome parenting!" etc. Posting a video on YouTube, where you run down your kid, then shoot their fucking laptop is stupid. Really fucking retarded. It's attention-seeking, and highly unlikely to achieve anything, except humiliating your kid (granted, I know 15 year-olds can be annoying). It's this usual "Oh, kids these days have no problems, things where much tougher back in 195whatever yada yada yada" mentality. <_< Shooting something is not a parenting technique.

This guy's annoyed me, do I get to shoot something of his? :)
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

#5 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

1911 meets 2012

His daughter sounds like a selfish brat. Shooting the laptop was a waste of ammunition. I would have wiped the hardrive and donated it to an old folks home while I signed her up as a volunteer to wipe old people's asses.

#6 michelle

michelle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

kid is a brat and the father is a dick! Though I still sorta found it funny!

#7 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

I tagged my step daughter with that video on FB. She's been prone to complaining about her life before too.

#8 Whistlers Momma

Whistlers Momma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

Kids have always complained about their parents making them do chores, at least I remember doing it back in the dark ages. The difference now is you can tell a couple hundred people at a time and back in my day it might have been just your best friend you told. But the more I think about it this guy was being overly dramatic in how he dealt with the issue and if that's his method of parenting then he's the one who taught HER how to be overly dramatic in the way she complained about doing her chores. Apples don't fall far from the tree.

#9 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

Here is some info from the Dad, an interesting read.

http://www.litefm.co...article=9744152

#10 Whistlers Momma

Whistlers Momma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

I give the guy credit for not doing the talk show circuit and it makes sense that they'd all be calling.

#11 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Ironic he says he wants to teach her the value of a dollar & then destroys her computer. Fail.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#12 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

Tagged my step

I tagged my step daughter with that video on FB. She's been prone to complaining about her life before too.

Hmmmm....guess she doesn't have a very good sense of humor about it all. Yikes. She's 21 going on 15 though, very angry at us all the time.

#13 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

Kids have always complained about their parents making them do chores, at least I remember doing it back in the dark ages. The difference now is you can tell a couple hundred people at a time and back in my day it might have been just your best friend you told. But the more I think about it this guy was being overly dramatic in how he dealt with the issue and if that's his method of parenting then he's the one who taught HER how to be overly dramatic in the way she complained about doing her chores. Apples don't fall far from the tree.

Indeed. If you're a parent and don't think your kids are going to complain about you at some point, you're deluding yourself. All these comments about how this is 'proper parenting' or whatever and anyone who disagrees with what the guy did are the sort of parents who'll let their kids walk all over them are just BS to me. There's a big fucking difference between letting your kids walk all over you and decided not to shoot their laptop and post the video on the internet. Is that what parents should do if they want to discipline a kid? Destroy something they value and post the video online? Some of the comments on that video really worry me.

One even said something along the lines of 'Society is going downhill because of the disrespect of today's youth' or something. Like past generations were all perfect and never put a foot wrong? Fuck off.

Gah, this video and the subsequent reactions to it have really annoyed me!
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

#14 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

I will say, that was completely disrespectful of her to air her complaint about her parents in public for everyone to see & not only that but the things she said & her swearing was ridiculous. She deserved to be punished for sure, I would NEVER have done something like that to my parents.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#15 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

I think a lot of kids complain online these days. It's just a platform for them to vent I guess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users