#47 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:46 PM

Pretty dope:

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#48 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:52 PM

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#49 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:48 PM

#50 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:12 PM

I'm getting old. I don't follow any new rock bands and the only new rock band I could name with a gun pointed to my head is Pretty Reckless.  Sometimes I turn the radio on in my car and check a rock station. The new songs played between classic rock songs all sound the same to me.  I'm sure my grandpa said this same thing in the 80s.

I think rock is in critical condition and isn't likely to survive. The world is just too different now. Its all about pop, country, and rap for musical needs. When MTV forced rap down the world's throat in the 90s and then you'd see white boys blaring that garbage in their cars without the slightest hint of embarrassment I knew rock was not recovering from that. It hasn't.. 

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#51 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:03 AM

Rock has gone underground again. I check out local bands and some new stuff I hear about. This site is great to find new bands: https://bandcamp.com/

I recommend these bands' 2015 albums. All are heavy rock with a bit of a vintage style.

SPACE METAL

RUBY THE HATCHET

CORSAIR

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#52 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:53 PM

Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, QOTSA Supergroup Has Been Formed, Debut Single Coming This Friday

Ten Commandos is the name of a rock supergroup project featuring Soundgarden bassist Ben Shepherd, drummer Matt Cameron of Soundgarden and Pearl Jam, Mark Lanegan of the Screaming Trees, frequent Queens of the Stone Age collaborator Alain Johannes, and Dimitri Coats of OFF!.

According to the latest announcement, the gang is set to unveil their debut single "Staring Down the Dust" on October 9, and follow it up with a full-length release in November.

The band's story dates way back to 2008, while the first concrete reports of the band being active surfaced last year.

Mr. Coats, who will be handling the vocal duties in the band, previously commented: "There was just an instant chemistry and a really creative and open situation where everybody's passing around the guitar and throwing in ideas. I sort of felt like I was in the grunge Beatles."

Describing the vibe of the tunes, the musician added "It's a little bit like 'Superunknown,' that kind of era of Soundgarden, mixed with Alain's kind of Stevie Wonder vibe."

#53 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:56 PM

I'm getting old. I don't follow any new rock bands and the only new rock band I could name with a gun pointed to my head is Pretty Reckless.  Sometimes I turn the radio on in my car and check a rock station. The new songs played between classic rock songs all sound the same to me.  I'm sure my grandpa said this same thing in the 80s.

I think rock is in critical condition and isn't likely to survive. The world is just too different now. Its all about pop, country, and rap for musical needs. When MTV forced rap down the world's throat in the 90s and then you'd see white boys blaring that garbage in their cars without the slightest hint of embarrassment I knew rock was not recovering from that. It hasn't.. 

You need some Canadian rock in your life ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojWJgOTGkgI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxS1QsydfVk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znPD5wN2_RY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDSXAEz8PfM

#54 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:04 PM

Thanks for the links guys. I'll check this stuff out. That grunge supergroup has major potential. Ben Shepherd is my all time favorite bass player.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#55 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:49 PM

These guys opened for Motorhead:

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#56 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:17 PM

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#57 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:49 AM

#58 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:00 AM

#59 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:03 PM

Pretty cool. Took me a minute before I was like "Hold up...is that Vivian Cambell?" 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#60 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:48 AM

^ It is the original DIO band sans Dio and now sans Jimmy Bain although he is in the video on on the album. #rip

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users