#19 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:20 AM

The image of people driving around with armed, fatigue wearing people in the truck bed should be enough to tell any reasonable person that this is not good.  Those are images you see all the time and they never come from peaceful, happy places.  They're more common in civil war ridden African states.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#20 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

How many people have been harmed? How much property damage have they committed?

Make no mistake, I think these guys are nut jobs. But the Occupy crowd was much more dangerous and cause much more damage.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#21 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

How many people have been harmed? How much property damage have they committed?

Make no mistake, I think these guys are nut jobs. But the Occupy crowd was much more dangerous and cause much more damage.

What they have harmed is not people, but our belief in rule of law.  When you don't get your way and courts rule against you, not just initially but in several cases and appeals, you DO NOT get to resort to the threat of violent force.  This isn't a human rights issue; government isn't oppressing Mr. Bundy or the thousands of others who actually DO pay their fees.  He had his day in court and lost...repeatedly...over decades.  The law is designed to treat us all equally.  He wants different treatment and has people willing to use violent force on his behalf to ensure that he gets to be fucking special.  The notion that the law doesn't apply to you if you're willing to use force is, in my mind, significantly more harmful than disruptive protests and property damage.  And notably, those protests were in response to the lack of regulation over an industry that damn near destroyed the economy of this country with its recklessness.  And that was a SIGNIFICANT amount of damage.

Sister burn the temple

#22 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

I appreciate your point and largely agree with it. Like I said, militia types are nuts and Bundy seems like a real loser. But that's my point. The occupy crowd was a bunch of losers too. It wasn't a bastion of intellectualism. It was a group of angry failures who couldn't make an intelligent argument for what their cause represented. Court rulings and the law of the land applies there too. But they harmed people and caused millions in property damage.

All that being said, who the fuck cares if cows eat grass on public land. It's not like we're talking about prime real estate here. We're talking about a desert wasteland no one wants to use. I'm not defending Bundy, I'm just saying look what occupy did to public property and the filth they left. Bundy's cows left fertilizer on land no one wants to use. Again, militias are crazy but after ruby ridge and Waco, I don't necessarily disagree with a fuck you sentiment when Feds show up on incredibly rural areas with big city mind sets.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#23 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:24 AM

This is the best explanation I have read on grazing rights history in the region:

Bundy Has No Claim to Federal Land and Grazing

#24 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

The image of people driving around with armed, fatigue wearing people in the truck bed should be enough to tell any reasonable person that this is not good.  Those are images you see all the time and they never come from peaceful, happy places.  They're more common in civil war ridden African states.

Yea, that's actually exactly what I thought too. Reminds me of some war torn country, where the maniacs run everything. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#25 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:02 PM

The Occupy crowd was more dangerous? All those loser liberal smelly hippies sitting in their tents waving around tambourines instead of guns? Lol, ok Flagg. Too fucking funny.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#26 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:42 PM

Sit-ins are notorious for their high casualties.

#27 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

Yea, that's actually exactly what I thought too. Reminds me of some war torn country, where the maniacs run everything. 

If they were black, you'd think it was Sierra Leone.  Then again, if they were black Fox News would link them to Black Panther activities and demand a crackdown.

Sister burn the temple

#28 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:24 PM

If they were black they would be dead by now.

#29 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:45 PM

If they were black, you'd think it was Sierra Leone.  Then again, if they were black Fox News would link them to Black Panther activities and demand a crackdown.

Start video at 2:35 

#30 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

If they were black they would be dead by now.

Fucking A right. Have 50 armed black guys walking around and see how that goes. Or 5 armed black dudes walk into Jack n' The Box and see how that goes over. Think the rightwingoverse would wave around their flags and scream "freedom" ? Please. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users