• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:50 PM

Prince Rogers Nelson, known the world over as Prince, has died, the Associated Press reports. He was 57 years old.

The news comes less than a week after the legendary artist’s plane was forced to make an emergency landing due to his ongoing battle with the flu.

The musician’s publicist told the AP that Prince was found dead in his Paisley Park home in Chanhassen, Minn.

Prince has sold more than 100 million records worldwide and has been a household name since 1982 – following the release of his album “1999.” He has won seven Grammy Awards, as well as an Academy Award for Best Original Song Score for “Purple Rain” in 1985.

He will forever be remembered for his early hits “Purple Rain,” “Let’s Go Crazy,” “Little Red Corvette,” “When Doves Cry,” and “1999.” But his career flourished far beyond the 1980s, remaining a relevant and renowned musical icon up until his death.

Only one month ago, the Minneapolis artist announced at a pop-up performance in New York City that he would be writing his memoir, which was expected to be published in 2017.

As a tribute to his legacy, watch Prince’s Super Bowl halftime show from 2007 below, where he performed “Let’s Go Crazy” and “Purple Rain” — among other songs — beneath a rainstorm:

prince-dies-at-57

#2 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:57 PM

Sucks ! 

He was a JW, and they are weird about medical stuff. If he had a flu, he very well could have just died from that. People die from that even with medical care. 

He was young. RIP. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#3 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:24 AM

Its starting to sound like a drug overdose.

Very sad. This one came out of left field. 2016 is shaping up to be a terrible year for music icons.

I hadn't listened to Prince in years and there are a bunch of albums for me to catch up on. Crazy how it sometimes takes the death of an artist for you to dive into their discography.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#4 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:31 AM

Rough year...

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#5 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:13 PM

I hadn't listened to Prince in years and there are a bunch of albums for me to catch up on. Crazy how it sometimes takes the death of an artist for you to dive into their discography.

Right? Found some great Bowie songs...after he died. Same with Prince, that one you put up the other night is great. 

#6 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:46 AM

Probably the best concert I've ever seen.

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#7 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:31 PM

Prince was a weird cat and an AMAZING artist. White people loved his music much more than black people which has always seemed odd to me. Musically, I think his best album was Come. Diamonds and Pearls was the second best. All the oldies are also great.

Anyway, I'm going to get some pants like he wears in this video and learn how to do his dance routine. Always thought this was his best look.

#8 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:24 PM

I've had "Darling Nikki" in my head all day.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#9 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:35 PM

Prince team sought addiction doctor's help, lawyer says

#10 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:55 PM

seems there is over a hundred albums worth of unreleased Material in the vault. DAMN!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users