• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:37 PM

Republicans want:

1) More proof

2) The "whole story" to come out

3) To show them where a crime was committed. 

Hacking to steal private info is without a doubt illegal and we know for a fact that it occurred and that Russia did it.  So if the Trump campaign conspired in any fashion with that hacking, including giving it their blessing, then that strikes me as a conspiracy to commit a crime.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#137 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

I keep coming back to the idiom "can't see the forest for the trees". GOP demands more and more evidence on the trees and nitpicks each individual leaf. But every fucking tree is Russian and they keep forgetting the trees even existed.

Show me your dragon magic

#138 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

The Times article today is even more damning. An email from the Kremlin to the Trump campaign, expressing their interest in helping him win the election. Followed by a meeting with the Russian attorney who supposedly had dirt on Hillary. Attended by Manafort, Kushner and Jr. All of whom lied about their meeting, what it was about, or both. Kushner as we already know, completely omitted it (initially) on the disclosure form he was to fill out. 

The boulder is picking up speed down the hill. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#139 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:09 AM

EMAIL!!! Because it had to be that way, right. They project EVERYTHING.

#140 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:18 PM

The projection is so weird. It's almost childlike in how transparent it is. 

Jr. releases a portion of his email correspondence today. IMO further incriminating himself. I'm guessing they are trying to get out front on this now? I guess? Not really sure. He did lawyer up.

Daddy Trump is quiet as a mouse on Twitter about this though, which is kind of another tell. 

Wouldn't it be rich if it's the emails that are the smoking gun? After all that talk about Hillary. 

#141 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:00 PM

NYT was supposedly minutes away from releasing story so I guess he played the 'guilty but transparent' card. Trump issued a funny statement "My son is high quality person and I applaud his transparency." :D 

Seems Jr is on Hannity tonight too.

#142 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

"My son is high quality person and I applaud his transparency." :D 

hahahahahaha, ok!!!

#143 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:48 PM

NYT today: 

The June 3, 2016, email sent to Donald Trump Jr. could hardly have been more explicit: One of his father’s former Russian business partners had been contacted by a senior Russian government official and was offering to provide the Trump campaign with dirt on Hillary Clinton.

The documents “would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father,” read the email, written by a trusted intermediary, who added, “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

If the future president’s eldest son was surprised or disturbed by the provenance of the promised material — or the notion that it was part of a continuing effort by the Russian government to aid his father’s campaign — he gave no indication.

He replied within minutes: “If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”

Four days later, after a flurry of emails, the intermediary wrote back, proposing a meeting in New York on Thursday with a “Russian government attorney.”

Donald Trump Jr. agreed, adding that he would most likely bring along “Paul Manafort (campaign boss)” and “my brother-in-law,” Jared Kushner, now one of the president’s closest White House advisers.

On June 9, the Russian lawyer was sitting in the younger Mr. Trump’s office on the 25th floor of Trump Tower, just one level below the office of the future president.

#144 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

Fox started "collusion isn't a crime" talking point two weeks ago. And sure enough, the frog side of the internet agrees....oh and Hilary was the one who really colluded  :ph34r:  :huh:

#145 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

The worst spin about Donald Trump Jr.’s emails

https://thinkprogres...ls-eb32c813b754

#146 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:22 PM

Fox started "collusion isn't a crime" talking point two weeks ago. And sure enough, the frog side of the internet agrees....oh and Hilary was the one who really colluded  :ph34r:  :huh:

Those cucks can say whatever they want from behind their frog avatars. The emails show intent. Specifically that the info on Clinton was coming from the Russian government, which got Jr. all giddy. He could have chose not to go, but instead couldn't wait to get the goods. Bringing along Manafort and Kushner seems like conspiracy to me.

They seem to think intent is irrelevant. Kind of like those child molesters on to Catch a Predator. Sure they never ended up molesting the 14 yr old girl, but they drove 90 miles in the middle of the night with condoms and liquor, after a series of lurid email exchanges. They are rightfully placed under arrest. 

This is just sad really. It only shows how dysfunctional we are as a country. We have story after story, some are overwhelming in scope and evidence, yet there will be a significant population of the country who think it's a liberal witch hunt, even if Trump gets 86d. 

We also know that the Russians were in our voting machines. I don't think it's a stretch at all to think votes were tampered with along with Russia's psychological warfare via social media. Getting rid of Trump doesn't solve this problem. We need a government who cares about this, and treats it seriously. So far, nobody really is IMO. 

#147 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:38 AM

Veselnitskaya is well-known. Second story is May 2016 - right before Trump Jr meeting

http://www.thedailyb...-hotel-bar-bill

According to a letter sent to Judge Thomas P. Griesa by Preet Bharara, the U.S. Attorney trying the case, the Russians’ expenses, which they initially paid themselves, included a two-night stay at the Plaza—at a cost of $995 per night—for Natalia Veselnitskaya, their Russian attorney, who wasn’t deposed and “did not even attend the depositions in person.”

But Veselnitskaya and her clients had themselves a grand old time in Gotham, spending on “expensive meals…such as a $793.29 dinner for five individuals (although, again, only three witnesses were deposed), which included 18 dishes, eight grappas, and two expensive bottles of wine,” according to Bharara’s letter, which The Daily Beast has reviewed. Moreover, the letter states that Veselnitskaya’s weekend stay at the Plaza occurred after the depositions of Katsyv, Litvak, and Krit, “and only after the Court orally stated that the Government would be responsible for reimbursing Defendants’ expenses.”

http://www.thedailyb...the-us-congress

The Daily Beast has seen an email sent to the Open Dialog Foundation, a Poland-based NGO, from a man named Anatoli Samochornov, who claimed to “represent” HRAGIF along with Natalia Veselnitskaya, identified in the email as “a Russian lawyer who conducted an extensive investigation of the Magnitsky case.”

Both Samochornov and Veselnitskaya were seeking press accreditation to attend an event last month at the Open Dialog Foundation where Browder was slated to speak.

They were denied accreditation.

#148 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:04 AM

http://www.businessi...017-7?r=UK&IR=T

Department of Justice settled a major money-laundering case involving a real-estate company owned by the son of a powerful Russian government official whose lawyer met with Donald Trump Jr. last year.

Trump Jr., the president's eldest son, on Tuesday tweeted an email chainfrom June 2016 in which he entertained accepting damaging information from a "Russian government attorney" about Hillary Clinton as part of the Kremlin's support for his father's campaign.

That attorney, Natalia Veselnitskaya, represents the family of Pyotr Katsyv, the former vice governor of the Moscow region, whose son, Denis, owns the real-estate company Prevezon. The DOJ had been investigating whether Prevezon laundered millions of dollars through New York City real estate when the case was unexpectedly settled two days before going to trial in May.

#149 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:52 AM

https://www.reuters....e-idUSKBN19X2XF

Asked if he knew that his son was meeting with lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya in June last year, the president told Reuters in a White House interview: “No, that I didn’t know until a couple of days ago when I heard about this.”

#150 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:53 AM

https://www.nytimes....eting.html?_r=0

Also under scrutiny is how forthcoming Mr. Kushner was with his father-in-law about the nature of the June meeting. He met with Mr. Trump to discuss the issue, according to advisers to the White House, around the time he updated his federal disclosure form to include Ms. Veselnitskaya’s name on a list of foreign contacts that Mr. Kushner was required to submit to the F.B.I. to obtain a security clearance.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)