#242 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

i was just reading up on the Flagg vs. SLC "who killed more Americans...Nazis or Muslims?" debate over at gnrevolution.  Good times.  J, I hope you know your brand of insulting dishonesty is always welcome here. :D

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#243 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:53 PM

The discussion tends to go round n' round...^^^

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#244 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:03 PM

State Department Science Envoy Quits With Not-So-Secret Message For Trump: ‘IMPEACH’

#245 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:59 PM

Someone's been watching the Unabomber show.

Sister burn the temple

#246 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:43 AM

This is literally what some worried about with the Constitution of 1787...uncontrolled pardon power in the hands of an executive who would wield it to pardon abuses of power by his administration and allies.

**********************************************************************************************

President Trump Grants Pardon for Former Sheriff Joe Arpaio

by Phil Helsel and Vaughn Hillyard

President Donald Trump on Friday pardoned former Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio, who was convicted of criminal contempt for ignoring a judge’s order not to detain suspected undocumented immigrants, the White House said.

Trump at a campaign-style rally in Phoenix strongly suggested he would pardon Arpaio, the former sheriff of Maricopa County. Arpaio had said he would appeal his conviction on misdemeanor contempt.

"Throughout his time as Sheriff, Arpaio continued his life's work of protecting the public from the scourges of crime and illegal immigration," the White House said in a statement.

"Sheriff Joe Arpaio is now eighty-five years old, and after more than fifty years of admirable service to our Nation, he is worthy candidate for a Presidential pardon," the White House statement said.

A judge ruled on July 31 that Arpaio committed a crime by disobeying a court order to stop detaining suspected undocumented immigrants.

In 2013, a judge found Arpaio and his deputies had engaged in racial profiling against Latinos, backing up the findings of a 2011 Justice Department report.

more: https://www.nbcnews....-arpaio-n796191

Sister burn the temple

#247 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:44 PM

I'm very upset about that. It's also probably a litmus test for pardoning peeps once the Russia investigation comes to a close. 

#248 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:31 PM

Trump Associate Tried To Broker Moscow Deal So That ‘Our Boy Can Become President’

#249 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:26 PM

Leaked Chats Show Charlottesville Marchers Were Planning for Violence

DATA RELEASE: “Unite The Right” Planning Chats Demonstrate Violent Intent

#250 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:18 AM

Well, that strikes me as conspiracy, though I'm no prosecutor.  They'll say it was all talk.  That's the right's MO...talk violence and then claim it was hyperbole when someone actually gets hurt.  I yearn for a return to civil, intelligent debate on the issues.  We've been hijacked by idiocy.

Sister burn the temple

#251 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:47 PM

They'll say it was all talk.  That's the right's MO...talk violence and then claim it was hyperbole when someone actually gets hurt.  I yearn for a return to civil, intelligent debate on the issues.  We've been hijacked by idiocy.

Look, just because somebody had a Nazi flag, did a Nazi salute, and chanted about Jews...doesn't really make them a Nazi OK? They're just upset about American heritage being taken away by liberals. 

#252 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:56 PM

I yearn for a return to civil, intelligent debate on the issues. 

Hmmm... sounds like the rabble rousing of a damn Tory yearning to infiltrate the Committees of Correspondence with royalist spies, to me. :unsure:

#253 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:17 PM

crowd1.png

crowd2.png

#254 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:36 AM

Ha, he even thinks hurricane recovery is all about him.  It will be, when he fucks it up.

Sister burn the temple

#255 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:07 PM

Mueller goes into killer cyborg mode...

Mueller teams up with New York attorney general in Manafort probe

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s team is working with New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman on its investigation into Paul Manafort and his financial transactions, according to several people familiar with the matter.

The cooperation is the latest indication that the federal probe into President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman is intensifying. It also could potentially provide Mueller with additional leverage to get Manafort to cooperate in the larger investigation into Trump’s campaign, as Trump does not have pardon power over state crimes.

The two teams have shared evidence and talked frequently in recent weeks about a potential case, these people said. One of the people familiar with progress on the case said both Mueller’s and Schneiderman’s teams have collected evidence on financial crimes, including potential money laundering.

No decision has been made on where or whether to file charges. “Nothing is imminent,” said one of the people familiar with the case.

Manafort has not been accused of any wrongdoing and has previously denied it. A spokesman for Manafort didn’t return phone calls seeking comment.

A representative for Mueller’s office declined to comment, as did the New York attorney general’s office.

People close to Manafort say the team has pressured him by approaching family members and former business partners. A number of other firms and people who have worked with him have received subpoenas.

Federal agents also conducted an early-morning raid at Manafort’s home in late July, seizing documents and other items.

Manafort did not resist the search, his spokesman Jason Maloni said at the time of the raid.

State and federal prosecutors believe the prospect of a presidential pardon could affect whether Manafort decides to cooperate with investigators in the federal Trump investigation, said one of the people familiar with the matter.

While Trump has not signaled any public intention to pardon Manafort or anyone else involved in the Russia investigations, the president has privately discussed his pardon powers with his advisers.

Mueller’s team has been looking into Manafort’s lobbying work and financial transactions, including real estate deals in New York.

Schneiderman has a contentious history with Trump. The president has mocked him relentlessly on social media and TV, denouncing him as a “hack” and “lightweight.”

The attorney general won a $25 million settlement last November after a lengthy investigation into allegedly fraudulent practices at Trump University. The president said he settled just to have the matter behind him, though his previous mantra was to never settle cases.

The New York prosecutor’s office also is looking into some of Trump’s business transactions and could potentially share those records with Mueller’s team, one of these people said. Those inquiries are in the preliminary stage. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users