1635 replies to this topic

#946 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:58 PM

Very funny ^^ , but what a shit show. Probably just another distraction for some other shit they're working on. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#947 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:21 AM

This was among the dumber things I've seen in politics for a while.  And that's saying something.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#948 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 30 October 2018 - 01:38 PM

https://twitter.com/...136275759611905

#949 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 30 October 2018 - 01:59 PM

haha, then this...

Mueller Wants the FBI to Look at a Scheme to Discredit Him

The special counsel says a woman was offered money to fabricate sexual-harassment claims.

#950 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:50 PM

Jacob Wohl's tweet threads have been a blast since this broke. Poor fool doesn't have a clue about the ton of bricks that are about to drop on him.

He posted this a few minutes ago:

k9ie2mH.png

The comments are a riot

#951 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:26 PM

Pretty good write up by one of Jiuliani's former prosecutors for the Southern District of NY explaining that Trump has most likely been subpoenaed by Meuller, is trying to squash it, and thus far has failed. It's a compelling argument made by looking at secret filings to the docket.

Lawrence O'Donnell is about to have a segment on it. Can't wait for his take. Thought Maddow would cover it, but she had other goodies.

https://www.politico...-222060?cid=apn

the TLDR:

But for those of us who have been appellate lawyers, the brief docket entries tell a story. Here’s what we can glean:

The parties and the judges have moved with unusual alacrity. Parties normally have 30 days to appeal a lower court action. The witness here appealed just five days after losing in the district court—and three days later filed a motion before the appellate court to stay the district court’s order. That’s fast.

The appeals court itself responded with remarkable speed, too. One day after getting the witness’ motion, the court gave the special counsel just three days to respond—blindingly short as appellate proceedings go. The special counsel’s papers were filed October 1.

At this point an unspecified procedural flaw seems to have emerged, and on October 3, the appeals court dismissed the appeal. Just two days later, the lower court judge cured the flaw, the witness re-appealed, and by October 10 the witness was once again before appellate court. Thanks to very quick action of all the judges, less than one week was lost due to a flaw that, in other cases, could have taken weeks or months to resolve.

Back before the D.C. Circuit, this case’s very special handling continued. On October 10, the day the case returned to the court, the parties filed a motion for expedited handling, and within two days, the judges had granted their motion and set an accelerated briefing schedule. The witness was given just 11 days to file briefs; the special counsel (presumably) just two weeks to respond; and reply papers one week later, on November 14 (for those paying attention, that’s eight days after the midterm elections). Oral arguments are set for December 14.

At every level, this matter has commanded the immediate and close attention of the judges involved—suggesting that no ordinary witness and no ordinary issue is involved. But is it the president? The docket sheets give one final—but compelling—clue. When the witness lost the first time in the circuit court (before the quick round trip to the district court), he petitioned, unusually, for rehearing en banc—meaning the witness thought the case was so important that it merited the very unusual action of convening all 10 of the D.C. Circuit judges to review the order.

#952 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:26 PM

Look what came in the mail, today. Ecbppv6.jpg

#953 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:31 PM

My "Fuck Trump" cup should be here any day now...

Dems take the House. Everything changes now (in theory.) 

#954 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:03 AM

^^ I suspect that Mueller will release his report to the new congress after the first of the year. And, I suspect it will be a damning indictment of the administration.

I don't see anyway that the cowardly sonsofbitches that will control the senate will give a shit, so there will be no removal even if he is impeache- regardless of how despicable his crimes.

On the bright side, though, that means that the shit gibbon won't be pardoned after he loses in 2020.

#955 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:47 PM

Sessions has "resigned" 

This is crazy. All hell is about to break loose. 

#956 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:04 PM

Rod Rosenstein is rumored to be out....Jesus Christ. 

#957 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:31 PM

He's going to fire Mueller. The thing is, if he does, he won't get anyone out of committee, so the government will be crippled for the next two years.

#958 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:09 PM

Mueller has had 18+ months to build a contingency for being fired, in fact I imagine being fired is built into his whole strategy. Twitter peeps seem to think a Don Jr indictment is coming.

Show me your dragon magic

#959 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:36 PM

Nobody Is Above The Law- Mueller Protection Rapid Response direct action tomorrow at 5:00pm.

https://www.trumpisn...sponse/search/?

#960 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:43 AM

Mueller has had 18+ months to build a contingency for being fired, in fact I imagine being fired is built into his whole strategy. Twitter peeps seem to think a Don Jr indictment is coming.

I agree, I'm sure Mueller has this covered, and I'm also sure  that Don Junior will be indicted. I also believe he SHOULD be. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users