320 replies to this topic

#316 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:21 PM

Meh, I grew up on chicory/coffee, not such a big fan nowadays, although we did drink CC and Cafe Du Monde blends when we lived there.

Do you remember Kaldi's? I loved that place, and they had the best coffee. We used to hang out there all the time, and we heard some of the most incredible live music there. Anyone who was anyone musically speaking would hang out there after their gigs were over, and just jam away.

Where was Kaldi's located? What year would this have been?
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#317 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

Where was Kaldi's located? What year would this have been?

941 Decatur Street, it was originally a bank (maybe Whitney Bank?). It was open from 1990 - 2000. Still has a following, even a facebook page. It was just incredible, we saw amazing musicians hanging out and jamming together in the wee hours.

#318 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:03 PM

I don't recall it. Did you ever make it to Benny's Bar uptown on the corner of Camp and Valence streets?

Posted Image

#319 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:10 PM

I don't recall it. Did you ever make it to Benny's Bar uptown on the corner of Camp and Valence streets?

We did, if memory serves we saw Wolfman there a few times. That place was a DIVE! Is it still there?

I loved the local artists, there were some incredible musicians. We used to go to the Maple Leaf a lot too, go and watch Irma, saw Wolfman there too. We knew the boys in Rockin' Dopsie, and would hang out there with them.

#320 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

Benny's is gone but it was a good place to see live music in the 90s. Lots of places to see live music in and around NOLA. I went to the Old Point Bar in Algiers a few Saturdays ago to see Lil Red and Big bad.

#321 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:17 PM

I'm a west coast gal. I don't think I have ever had chicory in my coffee. I am a basic coffee drinker maybe they do at the starbucks? what kind of flavor does it add?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users