12 replies to this topic

#1 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:47 PM

The speed weeks have been started and the Gatorade qualifying twin races have been settled. The 1st. race was a wild one with Jeff Gordon taking the 24 car to Victory Lane. The second race was less of a bash and crash but tire wear was a factor but non the less Kyle Busch took the 18 car to victory Lane with help from team mate Denny Hamlin. Denny ended up 3rd to Mark Martin in the 5 car. Mark Martin seems like a happy man driving for team Hendrick at age 50. He should being with one of the best teams in motor sports. With team mates like Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr who wouldn't be happy? For those Dale Junior fans, He lost a right front tire while running in the lead or in the top 5 the whole race. He came back from 23rd. to 7th. place in 5 laps. He'll be OK. Mayfield, Owner/Driver, Scott Riggs and A.J. Allmendinger all raced their way into the race and that is a good thing. Especially for Mayfield and Allmendinger. These guys have deserved the shot but made it in the hard way. Riggs too. Mayfield came with 4 volunteers and put a car together in 22 days and put it in the show. Allmendinger is a great driver who got the short end of the stick last year but got a chance from Petty/Gillette-Everham to get this car in the race. With the total backing of several teams and The King Richard Petty raced his way with the teams help into the race. He pretty much lied to Valvoline Oil saying he was in regardless to make the race and he did. He also had the 9 Bud team car paint his car vintage Petty for the race and the 19 car fall back to help him draft to keep up with the field. Riggs proved that with some luck and a good car, that he could get into the big show. Other notables Tony Stewart kept his new Old Spice Chevy 14 car up front with some help from rookie Joey Lagano Home Depots 20 car. The drafting help from rookie driver and former 10 year Stewart ride showed that 1)Lagano is a talented driver and 2)Stewart rookie owner/driver is still a talent as well.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#2 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

Nationwide Series Racing: Tony Stewart driving a Rick Hendrick#80 that was built out of the (Dale Earnhardt Jr.) Jr. Motorsports state of the art garage. The merger is actually everything JMS but now all engines, support and some chassis will come from HMS. The merger has just made the original Jr MotorSports just continue to grow into a big time race operation. There are rumors already for the 2010 racing season to include 1 to 2 Sprint Cup Cars to come out of Jr Motorsports. The rumor is Brad Keselowski and Martin Truex Jr. will move to the 66,000 sq. ft. garage. The 2 companies had merged when Jr moved from his late fathers DEI stable because of contractual disputes with his step mother. DEI has since merged with Chip Ganassi racing (with Felix Sabates). Rick Hendrick had been shown as having 2 cars in the race; Tony Stewart #80 and Dale Jr. #5. Dale Jr. had the Brad Keselowski # 88 in the race but they are all racing under one umbrella. The Nationwide series is the Sprint Series little brother of sorts.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#3 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:19 PM

Oh BTW... Matt Kenseth rolled his #17 car into victory lane or circle?? The race was rain shortened by 48 laps but the rain was not going to let up. There was some controversy when the #88 and the #83 cars tangled and wrecked a bunch of cars but whatever? It's Daytona plate racing and it is what it is. This week California.

#4 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:59 PM

Kyle Busch became the first driver to win 2 races in 2 of the top 3 NASCAR divisions. He won the Truck race and then later in the day won the Nationwide series race. He will go for 3 in tomorrows Sprint Cup race to add to the record. Love him or hate him, the boy is talented.

#5 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:52 PM

I see a thick concrete wall in his near future.
If you stay ready.....you never have to get ready!!!

#6 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:23 AM

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the goofy bastard, but he is a wheel man. He does have the best equipment too. He'll eventually get beat to a pulp like his brother Kurt and settle down and be a normal person. I did dislike Kurt as well but he has grown up and has become a team player. Well any way Matt Kenseth for the second straight race rolled into victory lane. Only a hand full of drivers have won the first 2 races of the season. The last being 4 Time champion Jeff Gordon in 1997.

#7 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:46 AM

And I was hoping Gordon would've caught him but he used up his tires, 2nd isn't too bad, it looks like they're back on track after last years disappointing performance....( oh by the way, Kyle did hit another milestone this weekend as well, I believe he got his first chin hair)
If you stay ready.....you never have to get ready!!!

#8 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:45 PM

He has a chin? Yeah I thought Gordon was gonna catch him but pass him was a different story.

#9 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:05 PM

and here I thought Nascar was like Wrestling..

#10 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:15 PM

Goddamn!!! Did anyone watch the Talledega race today? On the final lap, Edwards was being pushed by one of the new kids. The new kid tried to go high; Edwards blocked. New kid goes low; Edwards tried to block, and got clipped... just before the finish line. It was nasty. There are multiple injuries in the stands. Hope everyone is ok.

#11 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:31 PM

I will be in Pocono Raceway for the 6th. year with Jr and G-Mack for the August race. It may be a dull race or a good race but I usually have a good time either way especially with JR. now add the little guy it should be pretty cool. It'll be G-Macks first Nascar Race and I'm considering putting him in a dirt or sprint race within the year. He is an excellent driver on go-carts and I believe he has the ability to race in the bigger circuits. It is just the cost that will decide that for certain. I have had him drive at 7, 8 and 10 in different places and in 3 different states and he is a go getter and is very competitive. Jr. improved his college grants/awards and if my daughter does go in with a dance scholarship, I will let G-mack go full out with an attempt to race for recognition and for possible cash awards. We'll see???

#12 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:15 AM

I Have never seen a NASCAR race, but I want to see one of the short tracks. I've been to an Indy race, and it was a blast.

#13 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:23 PM

Shorts to 1 mile are a lot better racing IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users