Photo

New Stone Temple Pilots Album due in 2010!!!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 shadowsoul

shadowsoul

Members

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:52 AM

6th Studio Album by Stone Temple Pilots.....

The Pulse of Radio reports that STONE TEMPLE PILOTS frontman Scott Weiland has told Spin magazine that the band will release a new album in early 2010. In a new interview on his current solo tour, Weiland revealed that guitarist Dean DeLeo and bassist Robert DeLeo have begun writing music, explaining, "Those guys have already been writing the instrumental music ... with STP, Robert, and Dean write the chords and riffs and then they bring stuff to me." Asked if he had heard any finished songs yet, Weiland added, "No, except for the stuff we jammed at sound check. And some of that was really cool ... So when I'm finished doing my thing, I'll hear what kind of ideas they have. And in the spring we'll be ready to record."

Weiland said that the album, STP's sixth studio effort and first since 2001's "Shangri-La-Dee-Da", will arrive early next year.

He did not address a recent lawsuit filed against him and STP drummer Eric Kretz by the band's label, Atlantic Records, for breach of contract, nor did he reiterate his recently stated desire to record outside the major label system.

STP reunited last year for a six-month tour that ended in late October. Since then Weiland has been touring behind his second solo album, "Happy In Galoshes", which came out in November.

Source: http://www.roadrunne...wsitemID=114289

-i personally hope he gives his voice a chance to recouperate but i do want this album come by. any time scott has done something with STP, its always been top notch and of mammoth proportions. but his voice... Scott please give it chance to rest first dude....

#2 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

STp is were scott belongs . Love me Some Stp . hope they kick ass on the new album.

#3 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:32 PM

I hope they put something nice together...
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#4 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:58 PM

I'll bring a hot dish if it's nice.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#5 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:55 PM

I always bring cash on my excursions, just in case somebody frightens me.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#6 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

Boo!
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#7 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:51 PM

think it only works if you are black....just saying..

#8 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:54 PM

It is not how deep the dolphin dives, it's how long it holds it's breath......

#9 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:06 PM

ahh grasshopper..like man with 10 inch tongue and can breathe through ears! you are SO wise

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users