10 replies to this topic

#1 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:34 AM

Anyone else love Prince? Definately the best show I've ever seen after Gn'R.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#2 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:09 PM

I believe Charlie Murphy is fond of Prince and his pancakes.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#3 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:50 PM

Wonder if Rick James ever slap prince the way he did Charlie?? big fan of prince. dude puts on a hellov a show.

#4 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:31 PM

Yeah he goes to his own drummer as well. He is well respected in the musical community.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#5 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:11 AM

Loved Prince back in the day....not so much now. But I rarely turn the radio if he comes on either. He was certainly an innovator, without a doubt.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#6 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:40 AM

never trust a man who is a perfect size 7! as a musician I think he was ground breaking and innovative...back in the day I use to listen/like him more..now it just sort of falls between the cracks.

#7 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:04 AM

Dude has some classics that are just irresistable. When Doves Cry, Raspberry Beret, Little Red Corvette, I Wanna B Your Lover, etc.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#8 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:41 AM

Though dude doesn't play batdance enough.

#9 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:10 PM

His catalogue is massive though, hard to play everyone's favorite.

#10 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:54 PM

Love me some batdance....Vicky...Vicky Vale.

#11 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:13 AM

Prince to release latest album at Target LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Prince has found an outlet for his latest collection of songs, recorded without a major label, by partnering with Target for a three-disc set, the retail chain said on Monday. The album will be available at Target stores March 29. The collection has two original studio albums called "LOtUSFLOW3R" and "MPLSoUND" and a third disc titled "Elixer" by his latest protege, the singer Bria Valente. The three-disc set from Prince, which will sell for $11.98 at Target, is the latest instance of a recording artist partnering with a major retailer to release an album. Anglo-Australian rock band AC/DC released their chart-topping album "Black Ice" in October exclusively through Wal-Mart stores and rock icon Bruce Springsteen gave the retailer exclusive rights to release an anthology of his greatest hits in January. Prince in recent months sought to showcase his latest recordings as he worked without a major label, as he premiered songs for a Los Angeles radio station and on the Internet. Prince has previously tried out alternative ways to distribute his music. Copies of his 2007 CD "Planet Earth" were delivered with British newspaper The Mail on Sunday. Prince, whose hits include "Purple Rain" and "When Doves Cry," was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004 and he has won six Grammy Awards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users