2 replies to this topic

#1 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:06 PM

I'm reading a book right now for my history course called "Day of Deceit: The Truth About FDR and Pearl Harbor." Really good book so far which sheds alot of light on the foreknowledge FDR had about the attack. If you enjoy history, I highly recommend it.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#2 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:35 PM

There was a show on recently about that particular information or "book" and also another about at some points how powerless the POTUS can be and it has to do with a whole network w/i government and at times outside of govt. being a controlling factor on what happens or what will happen and what steps anyone in office can do to prevent or allow to happen. Interesting stuff regardless. One thing was that the POTUS has no control over the Department of Treasury in actuality aside from an appointment.....etc.....
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#3 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:47 PM

I watched a recent Doc. on Pearl Harbor...(recent being now back to around xmas) ...interesting as well as saddening..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users