"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#2 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

Four of those think that they are, but it is McConnell that holds the strings.

#3 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:08 PM

Oprah!!!

#4 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:30 PM

Four of those think that they are, but it is McConnell that holds the strings.

Am I the only one who thinks he looks like the Mason Verger character from Hannibal?

http://www.bloomberg...id=iZIVmspWHjqg

Posted Image

Anybody?
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#5 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:40 PM

^^Even though I am a liberal Democrat, I still vote for him. He has done a lot for the state... probably as much as Alben Barkley or Henry Clay. Too, he has done some personal favors for relatives, and though he doesn't seem to be a nice guy, He actually is.

#6 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:07 PM

Todd Palin.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#7 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:20 PM

^^Even though I am a liberal Democrat, I still vote for him. He has done a lot for the state... probably as much as Alben Barkley or Henry Clay. Too, he has done some personal favors for relatives, and though he doesn't seem to be a nice guy, He actually is.

That's the point...they ALL do a lot for their state/district, such that we reelect them regardless of any and all political beliefs. "Hate Congress; Love Your Congressman" is a well known political phenomenon.

And, of course, I fully distinguish between political beliefs and general "niceness".
Sister burn the temple

#8 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

Republican party is in shambles. At the moment, Sarah Palin is the future of the party. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Newt Gingrich may have to get back in the ring.
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#9 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

Republican party is in shambles. At the moment, Sarah Palin is the future of the party. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

Newt Gingrich may have to get back in the ring.

There's a crisis inherent in having libertarians and social conservatives in the same party.
Sister burn the temple

#10 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:51 PM

Republican party is in shambles. At the moment, Sarah Palin is the future of the party. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

The fact that PALIN is the future is truly a shame. Perhaps true conservative movement will be born out of this mess. I might actually be interested if they kicked the religious freaks off deck.

#11 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:55 PM

The fact that PALIN is the future is truly a shame. Perhaps true conservative movement will be born out of this mess. I might actually be interested if they kicked the religious freaks off deck.

I don't object to Republicans at the local level, because local issues are so different than national issues.
Sister burn the temple

#12 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:03 PM

Yeah, the religious bullshit has got to go. While I do believe in God, that stuff has no business being in our politics. Are there even any true conservatives left?I guess you could make a case for Ron Paul, but he's as old as Yoda and doesn't have a long future in politics. I don't really expect conservatism to make a huge comeback. The country needs someone right in the middle. Reagan and Clinton have their nutswingers and haters, but both were able to govern in the middle(or pretty close) and also able to keep the wackos in their party in check. Both from different parties obviously, but we need leaders like that regardless of which side of the aisle they originate from. If Obama's presidency turns into a fiasco, in 2012 it is wide open and I would not be shocked if Ventura or someone in that mold jumps in and knocks both parties on their asses.

#13 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

I am VERY optimistic about the next 18-24 months. If the economy stabilizes like I think it will, nobody they put up against Obama will win.

#14 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:26 PM

I am VERY optimistic about the next 18-24 months. If the economy stabilizes like I think it will, nobody they put up against Obama will win.

IF it stabilizes, then yes its basically 1984 all over again and it'll be a landslide.

Still massive problems even if it does stabilize. However, all he needs to do at this point is prevent us from a total collapse. If he's able to do that, I agree that he deserves a second term.

#15 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:15 PM

Keep in mind I'm not predicting a return to 30% annual growth, I'm predicting stability in markets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users