me too!

#3 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

New one this week with Dwight and the other dumbass have a showdown...should be awesome.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#4 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:24 PM

good show, but the bbc one is better.

#5 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:24 PM

I think I've said this before, I just can't get into the BBC one. I think it's those accents.

#6 GeorgeSteele

GeorgeSteele

Members

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

They need to bring back that Packer guest character from Seasons 1 and 2. He was the dude that took a dump in Michael's office.

#7 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:04 PM

You don't like Ricky Gervais?
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#8 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:12 AM

As US remakes of BBC shows go, it's definitely one of the better ones......but I stopped watching a while back, the beauty of the original show is that you might just think it's a real documentary if you caught it at random. The US version is very obviously a sitcom.
Show me your dragon magic

#9 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:09 AM

Yes, I see the different styles that would make some like one better than the other. It's just what your used to I would guess. I'm sure the US sitcom version has a big budget compared to the original show.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#10 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:22 AM

You don't like Ricky Gervais?

I do...

As US remakes of BBC shows go, it's definitely one of the better ones......but I stopped watching a while back, the beauty of the original show is that you might just think it's a real documentary if you caught it at random. The US version is very obviously a sitcom.

Maybe I will give it a shot again.

#11 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:36 AM

Yes, I see the different styles that would make some like one better than the other. It's just what your used to I would guess.

I know this is not quite what you are saying, but one reason the BBC office is great is that no one was used to it. It was a very different style for a comedy and in fact the ratings for the first season over there weren't very good. It took off in the second season when people 'got it' and then rediscovered the first. Also, like Fawlty Towers for example, there are very few episodes - just two seasons of six each and a Xmas special to resolve the love story arc which in hindsight was the main story. Every scene was carefully written and performed and had a point within the whole arc.

Where has the US version gone after Jim and Pam (?) got together, I stopped watching after that.
Show me your dragon magic

#12 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:41 PM

So did I really.

#13 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:40 AM

Anybody catch last nights episode, holy crap that was hilarious.

#14 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:55 PM

I love the show, how each character is absurd in a completely different way...good stuff. I especially like it when Creed (sp?) gets his 5 sec/show and randomly talks about criminal activities.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#15 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:48 PM

Seriously love this show. There are some real lunatics that work in offices. About 9 or so years ago I worked for this company and they hired this guy. He was seriously overweight, had sleep apnea so he breathed like Darth Vader, was a pervert that stared at women's breasts all day and was a part time magician. He passed out these business cards with a photo of himself in a giant cape so one day we took one and put it in the copier and blew it up huge and posted it everywhere. He also kept tons of cans of spray can cheese in his desk compartments. He was a tad odd, I'd say.
You Commie, Homo Loving Sons of Guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users