10 replies to this topic

#1 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:53 PM

Anyone else love this band? Man, they have some trippy ass shit.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#2 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:59 PM

ABACAB....
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#3 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:07 PM

I can't dance......

#4 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:32 AM

I can't dance......

I'll never forget when that song came out. My uncle heard it on the radio a lot and he told me there was this killer new Bulletboys tune on the radio and it went, "I cant dance...I cant talk...only thing about me is the way I walk.." I was a Bulletboys fan as well and looked forward to hearing this song. A few days later while home watching MTV, that Genesis video came on and once I heard those verses, I burst out laughing over the fact he actually thought that was a Bulletboys song.
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#5 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:56 AM

Boring prog rock band who became an even more boring pop band.
Show me your dragon magic

#6 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:35 PM

never been a fan..although I give credit to their history and music...never did a single thing for me..ever

#7 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

never been a fan..although I give credit to their history and music...never did a single thing for me..ever

& not Genesis, but still one of the greatest songs of all time ;):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Riw7j9b8fM8
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#8 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:08 PM

meh ;)

#9 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to "Land of Confusion". In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. "In Too Deep" is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like "In the Air Tonight" and, uh, "Against All Odds". Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is "Sussudio", a great, great song, a personal favorite. Patrick Bateman (American Psycho)
Show me your dragon magic

#10 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:48 PM

I wonder if Patrick would have enjoyed Chinese Democracy.

#11 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 09 September 2015 - 02:41 AM

I wonder if Patrick would have enjoyed Chinese Democracy.

Hell no.

I love Genesis. My favorites.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrNTsKg4z64

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users