71 replies to this topic

#31 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:16 PM

I currently know a couple of guys who are complete pill heads, one has crossed the threshold into dangerous territory but is in complete denial. (That is one thing I could never understand, as a former stone cold junkie, I never once denied the severity of my problem(s).) The other is right behind him. These guys chew on Oxys and Zannies all day and get really weird sometimes. It seems to be the new thing these days, and much more dangerous then they realize. I guess it's better if you aren't smoking something or sticking a needle in the arm? Zannies feel great, they really take the edge off, but are highly addictive. For the short span I used them (My girlfriend at the time cut me off-they were hers) it was one of the hardest drugs I ever quit. Both physically and emotionally. I know all kinds of people who are either prescribed, or self prescribed on 'em, and take them daily. After so long, the panic attacks come when you don't take them.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#32 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:44 PM

Myself I suppose.

k, cause I was the last one who posted before that and I don't have mod capabilities.
You Commie, Homo Loving Sons of Guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#33 Kathy

Kathy

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:25 PM

because it's HTGTH and you MUST hate everything prior to the new band, OK??????????

I actually felt sad yesterday when they were profiling Slash at the beginning of the show and they basically talked about everything except GNR. I mean, the guy is a legacy for a reason, let him have that.

No matter what's said though, he keeps trucking along and making music. Something to be said for that.

I was thinking the same thing about the profile of Slash. I'm wondering if they did that because of fears of being sued by Axl for unauthorized use of photos, etc.?

#34 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:05 PM

Probably. This whole "war" is pathetic at this point. Way I see it, Axl needs to worry about promoting his own music and not what old bandmembers are doing. Besides, it's not like anyone does't know who Slash is. He's his own icon. I'm also so sick and tired of people chastising the guy for musical related things. I didn't agree with his stupid book but if the guy wants to go on AI and mentor people that's his business. I loved it and I am not even a fan of the show. The whole thread about this at the "hellhole" was disgraceful. I have never seen a bunch of people more brainwashed. Goddamn sheep who have no clue but to follow---and what are they following? A band that won't even promote themselves or give a rats ass about their own promotion.

#35 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:47 PM

I agree, I thought music was supposed to be about fun, right? How un-rock n roll is it to try and box somebody in to a position you deem fit for them to play? If they choose to do their own thing (which is very rock n roll) then they are relentlessly chastised.

#36 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

I guess Kiss and Queen aren't very rock and roll either.

#37 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

American Idol- Queen We Are the Champions with Adam Lambert and Kris Allen

Lambert has the superior voice and range imo.

#38 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:20 PM

I currently know a couple of guys who are complete pill heads, one has crossed the threshold into dangerous territory but is in complete denial. (That is one thing I could never understand, as a former stone cold junkie, I never once denied the severity of my problem(s).) The other is right behind him. These guys chew on Oxys and Zannies all day and get really weird sometimes. It seems to be the new thing these days, and much more dangerous then they realize. I guess it's better if you aren't smoking something or sticking a needle in the arm?

Zannies feel great, they really take the edge off, but are highly addictive. For the short span I used them (My girlfriend at the time cut me off-they were hers) it was one of the hardest drugs I ever quit. Both physically and emotionally. I know all kinds of people who are either prescribed, or self prescribed on 'em, and take them daily. After so long, the panic attacks come when you don't take them.

Pills are a HUGE problem these days. Its what crack was in the 80s, except it gets little media attention. Actually, its worse than crack was. People of ALL ages are on pills. If/when I run out, I can ask anybody for some and they come through. Its actually quite insane when I think about it. No more dope runs in this culture. You just turn your head and ask whoever is standing there if they can "kick down".

You're right though. The stuff is very dangerous. It presents the illusion of safety because its in pill form approved by our doctors and government.

Xanax are good, but I'll take a bottle of Codeine cough syrup or a bottle of vicodin over that any day of the week.
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#39 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

You're right about that. Almost ALL of my friends could get me pills if I so desired. That's pretty scary stuff.

#40 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:31 PM

AT&T May Have Swayed Idol Outcome to Favor Kris Allen The New York Times is reporting that American Idol's Kris Allen may have had a little help from AT&T, one of the Fox show's biggest corporate sponsors, in winning this year. According to the Times, AT&T provided phones for free text-messaging services at two Allen parties in Arkansas on the night of the finals. Citing sources, The Times reports that AT&T reps showed party-goers how to "power text" -- cast 10 votes at the touch of a button -- which violates show rules. Power texts, according to the Times, "have an exponentially greater effect on voting than do single text messages or calls to the shows toll-free phone lines." No similar efforts appear to have been made to provide free texting services to Adam Lambert fans. Angry Lambert supporters are now claiming in online chat boards that the competition's voting was rigged. While Fox has yet to comment, AT&T issued the following statement: "In Arkansas, we were invited to attend the local watch parties organized by the community. A few local employees brought a small number of demo phones with them and provided texting tutorials to those who were interested." The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette first reported on the possible skewed voting last week.

#41 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:34 PM

^^^^ saw this on Kathie Lee and Hoda this morn. Now please don't ask why I was watching that! It doesn't matter though. Hopefully Adam takes the high road and just ignores it. He is destined to be a bigger star anyway and won't be contractually bound to sing the sucky ass songs they would otherwise force him to as the winner.

#42 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:44 PM

Yea, in a way who cares? He has all the exposure he needed and has a great voice. He should be fine.

#43 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:49 PM

Well, they were already up in arms because they were saying he didn't get Idol because he is gay. Now this is just another thing to latch on to. This is what's wrong with the web. Years ago when things happened, they didn't have the viral quality that they have today. Now it takes one person to write a blog saying whatever and people go crazy en masse. I had also read somewhere that the gap between them with the votes was pretty large, though.

#44 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:25 PM

IDC really but doesn't this guy already have a career on Broadway already?
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#45 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:40 PM

I know Queen said they'd be interested in talking with him after his Idol obligations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users