16 replies to this topic

#1 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:56 AM

It sold 1300 copies last week. At its average rate of descent, by the end of this month it will be selling 100-200 copies a week, which is mind boggling even in this day and age. Is it completely dead, or can it get a second wind?
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#2 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:03 AM

That ship sailed 10 years ago.

#3 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:29 AM

Well I will wait to see how they do touring before I declare it dead....
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#4 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:46 PM

Dead touring might help in other markets but not the America. Even if they had a huge single people would just download it off Itunes.

#5 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:51 PM

Yea, unless they put out a video or two, and perform on a couple of shows, and tour. The radio stations didn't seem to want anything to do with them. 98 Rock down here streamed it on their site, but NEVER and I mean NEVER would play the stuff. They often just ripped on Axl and Co. instead.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#6 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:29 PM

i don't even think a vidoe would help the album. Just get that song more downloads off itunes. hell they haven't even done another single . First two were done really close and now both of those are dead and nothing..........

#7 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:40 PM

Late night shows wouldn't bring interest? I'd think that would be huge.

#8 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

interst in the songs played yeah. but with the ability to buy the songs off itunes separately from the album I don't think it would help the album that much.

#9 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:30 PM

Still hasn't left my boom box.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#10 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:21 PM

If Yes, why? If No, then why?

#11 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:06 PM

If Yes, why?

Radio stations don't play the songs. The album and none of the songs register as a blip on Itunes or any other music sites. Society as a whole doesn't give a shit about it. Been to any clubs since November? No GNR. Any parties? No GNR. You cant even start a conversation about this album because people don't care.

A massive chunk of its sales were from first week sales. After that, people tossed it in the trash and put it out of their mind.

If Uni or the band did any type of research/study on the reaction to this record, it doesn't surprise me that GNR are silent and have been rehearsing for 3 months when the rehearsals should have taken 3 days.

Nobody but a couple thousand nerds on the net care about this.

He should have pulled the trigger on this in 2001-02. It was the last time the public at large was willing to give it a chance. Once the 2002 implosion happened, it was all over. The people in the half empty venues were comprised of nerds wanting to hear IRS and a few people wanting to hear Jungle even though Slash wasn't there.

Regardless of its sales, Chinese Democracy is gonna go down as one of the biggest clusterfucks in music history.
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#12 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:51 PM

The two rock radio stations here have GnR in regular rotation; about once an hour, but it is only Illusions and older stuff that they play. They haven't played anything off the new album since Dec.

#13 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:16 PM

I never ever hear any of the new songs on NY rock stations. I hear Civil War, Paradise City, and all the other hits though. Therefore not only is it dead, I am not sure it ever lived. I suppose it's POSSIBLE to be brought back (and I would truly like to see that) but I fear it's probably not gonna happen.
You Commie, Homo Loving Sons of Guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

I hear some hardcore fans point out that Kid Rocks last album was pretty dead till that one single came out. they seem to think this will happen with CD, But it will not for a couple of reasons. 1. Rock actually got off his ass and promoted the thing. 2. Rocks stuff isn't on Itunes so if you want to buy you more then likely have to buy the album. 3. rocks song was more radio friendly.

#15 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:07 AM

So, why do so few radio stations play it? Why is the reaction so bad to this album? Honestly, when I hear DJs slag on it, they all say the same thing "It isn't GnR". I think that's the bottom line. There is a real issue with him calling it GnR without Slash etc, despite the fact that some of these guys have been with him for ten years now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users