#1 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:42 AM

BANGKOK – Actor David Carradine, star of the 1970s TV series "Kung Fu" who also had a wide-ranging career in the movies, has been found dead in the Thai capital, Bangkok. A news report said he was found hanged in his hotel room and was believed to have committed suicide.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, confirmed the death of the 72-year-old actor. He said Carradine died either late Wednesday or early Thursday, but he could not provide further details out of consideration for his family.

The Web site of the Thai newspaper The Nation cited unidentified police sources as saying Carradine was found Thursday hanged in his luxury hotel room and is believed to have committed suicide.

Carradine was a leading member of a venerable Hollywood acting family that included his father, character actor John Carradine, and brother Keith.

In all, he appeared in more than 100 feature films with such directors as Martin Scorsese, Ingmar Bergman and Hal Ashby.

But he was best known for his role as Kwai Chang Caine, a Shaolin priest traveling the 1800s American frontier West in the TV series "Kung Fu," which aired in 1972-75.

He reprised the role in a mid-1980s TV movie and played Caine's grandson in the 1990s syndicated series "Kung Fu: The Legend Continues."

He returned to the top in recent years as the title character in Quentin Tarantino's two-part saga "Kill Bill."

I first read this in a BBC News article posted at, well, some other place. When I first read the article, it stated that he was found with a rope around his neck and genitals. When I went back to it to post it here, it now says neck and body. Just a little interesting tidbit, there.....

#2 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:55 AM

I heard the same.....
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#3 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:58 AM

Oh wow.
You Commie, Homo Loving Sons of Guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:10 PM

Sad news. Anyone know why he was in Bankok?

#5 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:24 PM

He was filming a movie. He must have had depression problems? Hanging yourself? Jeez... I loved his show as a kid growing up.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#6 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:37 PM

Hanging seems the way to go these days, I wonder why.

#7 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:55 PM

I feel sorry for the maid that found him.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#8 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:28 PM

way I read it he wasn't found until 12 hours after....

#9 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:01 PM

Hanging seems the way to go these days, I wonder why.

So they can eulogize you by saying you're "well hung" of course!
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#10 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:52 PM

I read somewhere, sometime ago, that hanging was one of the more popular methods among men, but rarely used by women.

#11 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:58 PM

I read somewhere, sometime ago, that hanging was one of the more popular methods among men, but rarely used by women.

I'd really like to take a look at your library.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#12 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:03 PM

It is primarily history, and then science. Virtually, no novels, but I have picked up a few first edition classics just because...

#13 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:11 PM

It seems to be coming out again that he also had rope around his genitals??????????

#14 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:14 PM

Erotic asphyxiation???

#15 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:17 PM

yep:

(This was also originally published by the BBC this morning and you can still see it if you search but they have since removed the word genitals and changed it to body in the actual text)

http://www.mirror.co...15875-21415881/

Was Kung Fu TV legend David Carradine's death a sex game gone wrong?

Kung Fu TV legend David Carradine was found hanged inside a wardrobe in his hotel bedroom yesterday.

A maid discovered the 72-year-old with a curtain cord around his neck in what looked to be a sex game gone wrong.

The star, who rose to fame as “Grasshopper” Kwai Chang Caine in the hit 70s series, was in Thailand to film latest movie Stretch.

He failed to turn up for a cast meal on Wednesday night. They called his room but when he did not reply they assumed he was resting.

The dad-of-four was found the next morning in his £500-a- night suite at the Nai Lert Park hotel in Bangkok. It is next to a penis shrine where offerings of phallus sculptures are made.

Police said Carradine, who also starred as Bill in Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill films, had been dead for at least 12 hours. There was no sign of a fight or a suicide note. Police refused to rule out a sex game had caused his death. One officer said: “A cord was attached to his neck and genitals. We don’t think anybody else was involved.”

Agent Chuck Binder said it was an accident adding: “He was full of life.”

But Carradine had spoken about suicide. In 2004 he said: “I remember one time sitting in the third or fourth floor window of the Plaza Hotel for an hour, thinking about tipping off.”

He said he had also considered shooting himself and once told a website: “I’m not afraid of anything. Why be afraid of death?”

Carradine, a member of an acting dynasty that included father John and brothers Keith, Robert and Bruce, was last seen on the big screen as a Chinese mobster in Crank: High Voltage.

Widow Annie Bierman was being comforted in Los Angeles yesterday.

Two daughters, Calista and Kansas, followed their dad into acting.

In 1997 INXS singer Michael Hutchence was found dead in his Sydney hotel room. Despite a suicide verdict he was widely believed to have died during autoerotic asphyxiation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users