#1 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:45 PM

Discuss.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#2 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:02 AM

What? How awesome Animals is ?

#3 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:37 AM

Stoner heaven.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#4 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:58 AM

I saw them on the Animals tour. Killer fucking show. What was that, 30 years ago???

#5 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:31 AM

Animals rules. The Final Cut is my underrated favorite.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#6 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:08 AM

Pigman Pigman....
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#7 Dan

Dan

Members

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:28 PM

Titans. Fucking titans! Forget listening to PF while on drugs, try listening them sober, and it will be better than gettin high.

#8 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:32 PM

Stoner heaven.

Especially the Syd Barrett era.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#9 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:19 PM

Dark Side of the Moon or The Wall, that is the question..

#10 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:32 PM

I've always preferred The Wall, but there's no question that DSOTM is phenomenal...but I hear selections from it so often on the radio...
Sister burn the temple

#11 Dan

Dan

Members

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

And Wish You Were Here is the answer :)

They're all masterpieces, but many forget the song Echoes, on the Meddle album, a 23 minute jewel.

#12 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:12 PM

So, The Division Bell is totally awesome Posted Image

#13 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

Last night saw Roger Waters on The Wall tour.

Fucking incredible stage show. Amazing effects...just totally fucking badass. I would recommend it to anyone even remotely interested in Roger/Pink Floyd...or even if you just want to see a top notch performance. His voice still sounds so much like how it did back then. He was never a great singer, but his vocals are the musical embodiment of manic depression...high and hyper and shrill at moments, and then low and somber, which worked at its BEST to match the emotions of the Wall story.

Took a few pics from a seat in low earth orbit...will post when my wife gets home and gets the camera out of her purse.
Sister burn the temple

#14 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

OK great to know! So let me ask you this. I'd assume in this case you may actually miss part of the show if you're too close. Could I be safe in assuming that I should get seats half way back or even in the back area of the arena to see this thing? Would second level work? What do you recommend? I think the show is this weekend in Orlando and I'd be totally down with seeing this.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#15 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

OK great to know! So let me ask you this. I'd assume in this case you may actually miss part of the show if you're too close. Could I be safe in assuming that I should get seats half way back or even in the back area of the arena to see this thing? Would second level work? What do you recommend? I think the show is this weekend in Orlando and I'd be totally down with seeing this.

I got seats in the back, damn near the top. One thing was blocked, partially, which was the big screen in the back center of the stage. But the real show is the wall itself, which is slowly built throughout the first act and remains up until the end, and we had a fine view of that. It's an unusual show in that the "band" isn't what you're watching most of the time. There are parts where Waters is "in character" and a real part of the show itself, but often you're listening to him while watching something on the wall.

I think seats in a lower balcony would be great. The things to see are plenty large enough to see from the back, so that's no worry.

Go. Seriously, very cool show, you won't regret it. He turned an 80 minute album into a 2+ hour show. Also, FYI, it's JUST The Wall...no encore or anything, so get out during band intros to beat the traffic!

Also, it started within 15 minutes of the scheduled time...no GNR antics, here!

Also #2...if you haven't ever seen the Wall movie, you'll benefit from watching it.
Sister burn the temple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users