4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:43 AM

SYDNEY (Reuters) – The emotional parents of the late Heath Ledger welcomed his best supporting actor Golden Globe with bittersweet pride, and the actor's mother said the award was likely to be given to his daughter Matilda. Ledger's father, Kim, told Australian media that he felt "elated, fantastic" as he watched Monday's awards ceremony from his home in Perth, Australia. "Absolutely fantastic, bittersweet but feeling great," Kim Ledger said. "A standing ovation breaks you up," he said, referring to the ovation Ledger's win received from the star-studded audience. "That really goes to the heart, you know." In an interview with People magazine, Ledger's mother, Sally Bell, also said the family was "bursting with pride" over the critical recognition of her son's performance as the Joker in Batman thriller "The Dark Knight." "I should imagine that eventually it will be going to Matilda," Bell said of the award. "At this stage she is only so young, but down the track she will have all these things. It will belong to her because she is part of him."
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#2 Dan

Dan

Members

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:59 AM

The living nominees don't stand a chance...nothing against Heath, I really liked the poor guy, but he'll probably win an Oscar too, and his acting wasn't THAT good. I guess he'll join James Dean and Kurt Cobain in the Way way way overrated category...

#3 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:50 AM

What a waste...
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#4 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:43 PM

I agree, I don't believe this movie would have taken in even half the profits it did if he were still alive.....I fell asleep the 1st two times I tried to watch it!!!
If you stay ready.....you never have to get ready!!!

#5 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:20 PM

film would have still done big numbers ....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users