59 replies to this topic

#16 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:54 PM

^^Don't fret, there are some nice ones in your city, too.

http://people.hofstr...ers/CM1994a.htm

#17 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

Dude, That is some sweet looking geology. That normal fault in pic 5 ROCKS!!!. How about a link to a high resolution.

Here you go Sman, this is the best I could do:

http://img36.imageshack.us/i/138j.jpg/

I've literally got hundreds more where these came from, I'm just trying to get a few up in between exploring and eating/sleep.

Stayed at a place with a 4 story waterslide last night so I was distracted to say the least, but I promise I'll put more pics up tonight.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#18 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:04 PM

Beautiful British Columbia. The Nicest Place on Earth as the signs say ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#19 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:46 PM

and there is no one around, just how I like it!
You Commie, Homo Loving Sons of Guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:17 AM

Has AMM found paradise?

Posted Image

#21 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:22 AM

Lovely pics.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#22 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:51 AM

Can't beat BC man.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#23 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:05 PM

Stanley Park, Vancouver:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:16 PM

These pics make me long for the west again, and I've already dragged my ass out there twice within the last six months, which obviously wasn't enough. I guess I'll just have to be patient.

#25 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:17 PM

Fuck, these pics make me wanna' pack my shit up and get the fuck out of Toronto.

#26 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

I was about your age when I first went out west.

#27 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:05 PM

The Prairies:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:06 PM

Posted Image

I think I see Slash standing in front of it, look real close.

#29 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:53 AM

^^Don't fret, there are some nice ones in your city, too.

http://people.hofstr...ers/CM1994a.htm

That's pretty weird because we surveyed the water viaducts in da Bronx. I was also just reading about some famous Geologist rock master who died yesterday at 94. I wanted to post it for you but got distracted....He donated a lot of stuff to colleges/universities and museums.

The elevations in the Bronx are pretty high compared to other boroughs. The fault or St. Nicholas Thrust I guess this why there is such a big difference in elevation from St. Nicholas Avenue going to the East side of Manhattan. I also know that lower Manhattan is far lower in elevation than upper Manhattan. There is extreme bedrock in places just 9' below ground level. In the Bronx, building companies were actually removing outcroppings to build houses, which usually didn't happen. I guess the need to make money made that a mute point. Really how many disgusting lots have actually been cleaned by way of the housing boom?

I'm sure some good artifacts were ruined unfortunately....I did get to see a knife fight on Friday in the Bronx. I don't think they were really looking to cut each other but they were swinging. I finally just yelled "Hey if you want to die, I'll just shoot you both and get it over with". Some girl then yelled at them and I guess I still have the cop look so they broke it up (besides us being 2 white guys in a car)....Who knows if they started again after we left?
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#30 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:48 AM

Vancouver Island:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users