#16 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:34 PM

We also had a Ticketmaster machine and it was my job to herd all the people in line for sales. This was especially fun for me at 8am on Saturday when I was hungover as hell. The Dead fans were the worst! But I DID get 6th row tix for when Pink Floyd played at Giants Stadium and like 19th row floor when they played at Yankee Stadium and THAT ruled!

Loved your story...until you got to the ticketmaster part. Now, I realize you're a different person...mother and all. But that deserves a retroactive "fuck you!". I HATED those people. Here's why:

Say you want to buy tix to a show that will definitely sell out. You go the day before to ask about procedures. The guy says "oh, get here about 20 to 10 and you'll be fine. We'll be doing a random draw to form the line". You get there at 30 to ten (just in case), but lo and fucking behold if the line hasn't already formed and not a damned person there was placed randomly. Then, as if you're not already annoyed enough, some douche from ticketmaster is there lording over the store, and his fucking watch is slow so, instead of getting the tix out the door at 10, they wait until 10:15 to start selling. Needless to say, you do not get tix. You protest to the man inside who says he doesn't know about any random drawing to see who goes first in line.

This is why people kill other people.

Anyway, I'm going to see Metallica tonight. Thank Gore for the internet.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#17 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:01 PM

I won first place for random drawing for the fist of the line for GnR. in Toronto..I got to stand there and choose what seats I wanted! wicked cool. I have no Blockbuster stories..well other then they have downsized dramatically here in the last few years..I think there is only 2 in the cities where I work

#18 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:08 PM

The only time I ever took advantage was for the Pink Floyd tix. The line itself WAS random when the bracelets were involved, the issue was with the stores selling the tix. They would print out around 200 tix before they ever even let anyone in the door for shows like Madonna---for scalping and 2nd market sales. So then by the time the 2nd person was in from the line, the show was sold out. Every store that had a Ticketmaster was running that racket, trust me. Now they don't even have to print anything out, they just transfer them over to Stub Hub and scalp them. I was just talking about trying to get Dead fans to line up in the order of their bracelets after we did get the starting number.
You Commie, Homo Loving Sons of Guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:13 PM

Oh and for some reason the manager WASN'T working the day those Floyd tix went on sale which was the only reason I was able to get them. I had no authority over the machine or actual sales, they just used me to try to get the folks in line by their numbers because I was hostile and scared most people that early in the morning. :-)
You Commie, Homo Loving Sons of Guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users