Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:11 PM

Cool video...

http://www.guardian....video-telephone

The song is fantastic. I like what they are trying to do with the video, but don't necessarily like the video.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#17 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:22 AM

OK, I like this....a lot.

=)

#18 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

I think u have to have a certain balance though. u can let the image overshadow your talent and i think she is on the borderline with that. I hated her, liked paparazzi and bad romance until gay 12 year old boys started singing it on YT, now i am back to not liking her again.
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#19 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:04 PM

Are we going to have to start a Miley Cyrus and New kids topic for you ,sir?!?!

#20 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:06 PM

Are we going to have to start a Miley Cyrus and New kids topic for you ,sir?!?!

shit i quoted the wrong post

what happens on Last FM Stays on LAST FM! :D
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#21 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:35 PM

I have to admit her vidoes are fantastic..sex sells but not just that, the 'drama' she tries to portray is interesting...I still dont like her but I dont mind her as much. I can see the creative side to her but it just comes off as trying to fucking hard,meh, just me

#22 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:35 PM

I have to admit her vidoes are fantastic..sex sells but not just that, the 'drama' she tries to portray is interesting...I still dont like her but I dont mind her as much. I can see the creative side to her but it just comes off as trying to fucking hard,meh, just me

#23 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:45 PM

Even people who don't like her should support her. GaGa and M.I.A. are the world's only current rock stars. M.I.A. shuns it while GaGa embraces it and completely lives the character she created. M.I.A. is more authentic, but both deserve praise because current pop culture is a sea of mediocrity.
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#24 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:51 PM

She's amazing. She is this generation's Madonna, so anyone who doesn't like her needs to invest in a few cases of earplugs because she isn't going away anytime soon.

She could have easily coasted for a few more years on her album The Fame and milked the album of singles as every track was single worthy. Instead, she releases an EP(The Fame Monster) that has some MONSTER singles.

If this was the 80s/early 90s, both these albums would be shattering sales records as people of all ages listen to her. She does sell millions of albums, but her albums are also some of the most downloaded on all torrent sites, and of course newsgroups and such sites as limewire, kazaa,etc.

I disliked her at first as well because it all felt manufactured and forced, but so does everything in this culture. Once I decided to give it a fair chance and a second listen, was completely blown away.

One funny thing about her though is her career is a tad similar to Alanis. Alanis released a cheesy, safe, pop album before Jagged Little Pill. It went NOWHERE. Then she releases Jagged Little Pill, and it is marketed as her debut and traces of the previous album pretty much wiped out of existence.

GaGa released an album using her real name in 2005. Posted it on my own site, but I'll go ahead and post it here as well for The Syndicate.

Posted Image

This is Lady GaGa BEFORE she became Lady GaGa. She went by her real name(Stefani Germanotta) at the time. Album is from 2005. Interesting how this album receives zero promotion, and is not acknowledged in her discography, even on her official site. Before uploading this I checked her main forum, and since its allowed to be shared there openly, we'll do it here as well.

Its definitely not nearly as good as her reinvention as Lady GaGa, but any fan should check it out for shits and giggles. If I was gonna compare this EP to anything, I'd say its a cross between Michelle Branch, Alicia Keys and Avril Lavigne. Much more generic than The Fame and The Fame Monster, but its worth a listen.

Something Crazy
Wish You Were Here
No Floods
Words
Red and Blue

http://www.4shared.c...d_and_Blue.html

Funny, my step daughter came in today and asked me if I had ever heard this CD and showed m her copy of it.

#25 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

Even people who don't like her should support her. GaGa and M.I.A. are the world's only current rock stars. M.I.A. shuns it while GaGa embraces it and completely lives the character she created. M.I.A. is more authentic, but both deserve praise because current pop culture is a sea of mediocrity.

What is up with all the GaGa haters anyway?

Sure the card has been played before but she's still her own person and very talented. I've seen a lot of her lately and really enjoy it.

#26 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:01 AM

What is up with all the GaGa haters anyway?

Everything she does looks/sounds like a complete retread of Madonna 20/30 years ago.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#27 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:52 AM

I don't agree with that. Her latest song reminds me of Madonna, but that's about it.

#28 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:59 AM

I don't get the GaGa hate either. Her voice sometimes sounds like Madonna, but the similarities end there for me. I think she is a great songwriter, and her ability to edit and rearrange speaks to her musical ability IMO, especially when you listen to her acoustic versions.

#29 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:47 PM

I think (today) I would say I like her. but I think she is teetering on being over exposed, as she said her stick is performance art which she does great at. her music sometimes if I close my eyes I hear a straight rip off of some madonna tunes but they are very danceable and have some fun lyrics. her videos are great and she is truly marketing herself well, I just wonder if she will burn out soon. my daughter thinks she will burn out like the once, much touted for his talent, marylin manson.

#30 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:47 PM

I like to think she is this generation's Flock of Seagulls.

LOLPosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users