#76 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

When this show started a few years back, we watched two episodes, until the dissolved guy fell through the bathroom floor, and my wife was like "Yeah...I'm out."

At the time, the idea of a series on AMC was so new...seems funny now, since they have so many good shows.

Anyway, when AMC did their big buildup to the "Final Episodes", we DVR'd the whole damn series. Two episodes from done in season 4.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#77 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

I almost dipped out after that episode and felt that could have been left out. Kind of like the chain saw scene in Scarface, I almost shut it off after that, but kept on and it was awesome. lol
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#78 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

Dissolving bodies with acid has become a hallmark of the show :D
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#79 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

True, but plastic barrels give it a different feel than a crumbling red ceiling.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#80 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

I went to Pirate Bay to get the latest episode of this....22,000 Seeders. I'd never seen that many. I had the show in 10 seconds.

The ending confrontation was epic and everything I hoped it would be.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#81 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

Another epic episode. Gunna' be an excruciating wait until next Sunday B)

#82 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

I've seen fans speculating online that Walt Jr. has maybe been smoking the meth off-screen and will OD; would certainly be a cool twist.

#83 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

While poetic, it'd be a huge jump for him to go from a teenage kid excited about his car (the last time I remember seeing him) to being strung out on meth. I've personally never seen the stuff or knowingly met someone who used, so my knowledge is limited to the PSA adds. But based on some of the other tweekers they've shown us on screen, I think he'd be caught by his parents beforehand. But you never know.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#84 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

While poetic, it'd be a huge jump for him to go from a teenage kid excited about his car (the last time I remember seeing him) to being strung out on meth. I've personally never seen the stuff or knowingly met someone who used, so my knowledge is limited to the PSA adds. But based on some of the other tweekers they've shown us on screen, I think he'd be caught by his parents beforehand. But you never know.

People do change, though. Guys I went to high school with who were captains of the volleyball team, football team, would never even dream of smoking a cigarette, etc gradually became chain-smokers, major potheads, etc. Plus I don't think we've ever seen Jr. in a scene where he's not around his parents or Marie and Hank, so we really don't have a firm grasp of what he's like outside of family time. Not to mention that to the best of my knowledge, we've never seen Jr's bestfriend Louis once and have no idea of what type of person he is. It's entirely conceivable that one day him and Jr. are hanging out and Louis encourages him to try some of the blue meth.

#85 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

#86 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Just binge watched the last 5 episodes. So glad I held off to watch a bunch at once. Wow, just wow! I hate to see this show go man, damn.

#87 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

Holy shit!!!!!!!!

#88 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

This series will go down as one of the top 10 of all time. I was so happy that rat fuck Jesse was getting tortured. Walt's comment as they took him away was straight up cold blooded.

#89 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

It's total Scarface now. Everybody is going down and despite how evil Walt is, you're still rooting for him. Speaking of which, there is no more Walt, only Heisenberg.

#90 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

I don't consider him evil. I really don't. He's done bad things, but with the exception of poisoning the kid, everything was justified. And if what he told Jesse 2 episodes ago, that he knew how much to give Brock so he wouldn't die, I don't know if he's ever been evil.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users