44 replies to this topic

#16 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:50 AM

Seems way too organized to be a genuine meltdown.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. At least I hope it's an act. If he's truly that far gone, his family could & should seek an injunction to have him medically evaluated.

Martin Sheen has already thrown him in jail once...
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#17 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:14 AM

I bet President Bartlet is glad he didn't have Charlie as one of his kids. That'd fuck up a political career, for sure.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#18 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:58 AM

Sheen's Korner last night:
[url]http://www.ustream.tv/charliesheen[/url]

#19 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:03 AM

Sheen's Korner last night:
[url]http://www.ustream.tv/charliesheen[/url]

Yikes! He looks totally tweaked in that.

#20 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

OK, so here's a look at the Sheen fiasco from a completely different perspective. I'm not sure how much of this I agree with, but it's an interesting view point.

Charlie Sheen's heroic stand against the tyrannical therapy police.

By Brendan O'Neill

Charlie Sheen is my hero. Not because he goes on five-day benders, takes binbags of drugs and cavorts with ladies of the night. That would be recklessly self-indulgent behaviour in anyone over the age of 21, never mind in a 45-year-old actor with a primetime TV job and a wife and children at home. No, he’s my hero because he refuses to allow his behaviour to be psychologised. He refuses to genuflect before the Oprahite altar of psychobabble and blame his antics on his “inner demons”. Instead he’s fighting like a terrier against experts’ attempts to brand him as “disordered” and in the process has made himself into a one-man army of resistance to the tyranny of therapy that has the twenty-first-century in its grip.

Easily the most shocking thing about the Charlie Sheen affair is not his recent debauched behaviour – Stop the press: Hollywood actor behaves hedonistically! – but rather the unstoppable march of a zombie-eyed army of therapists who want to diagnose Sheen from a distance as “mentally ill”. Every cod-psychologist in search of a headline, and increased business, is offering to write a prescription for Sheen. Under the headline “Addict or Bipolar? Examining the ‘Passion’ of Charlie Sheen”, Time magazine admits "it isn't possible to diagnose patients at a distance". And yet it proceeds to do precisely that, employing two experts to discuss whether Sheen is suffering from narcissistic personality disorder, bipolar mania, depression, anxiety or addiction.

In a TV interview, ABC's Andrea Canning asked Sheen if he was bipolar.. When he said “no”, and hinted that some people claim to be bipolar simply to excuse their erratic behaviour, she looked at him as if he was – in that other favoured phrase of the therapeutic industry – in denial. Even the brain-invaders at Psychology Today magazine have got involved, claiming that "the life and times of Charlie Sheen are a serious issue for us all". Why? Because apparently he is in the grip of a “Mood Disorder” (I think we used to call this “being moody”) and his failure to deal with it contains a lesson for everyone: “When you’re in the depths of a Mood Disorder, you swirl in an ocean of mental, physical and spiritual chaos, [and] it’s only when you reach the safety of the shore that you realise just how dangerously ill you were.” How do we reach the “safety of the shore”? Through the therapeutic intervention and guidance of psycho-experts, of course! On the back of their pseudo-diagnoses of Mr Sheen’s alleged various mental illnesses, psychologists are cynically seeking to boost their own professions.

To the fury of these overlords of therapy, Sheen is swatting aside all suggestions that he is disordered. He has denounced Alcoholics Anonymous for encouraging debilitating dependence on a Higher Power; he has slated those who blame their behaviour on demons from their past (“Like, ‘Oh my God, it’s all my mom’s fault!’ Shut up”, he recently said); and he has even challenged the very language the therapy police use. Asked on ABC if he was still "using" – that annoying Oprahite word for “taking drugs” – he said: “Using a blender? Using a vacuum cleaner? ‘Use’ is such an AA expression!” In his refusal to speak their lingo, to play their game, to do what all celebs in his situation must do these days – arrange to be interviewed by Hello! so that they can be photographed weeping while confessing to having suffered a mental breakdown – Sheen is rebelling against the super-conformist modern narrative of weak individuals who need to be saved by psycho-priests. They won’t forgive him for this.

The most revealing thing about the Sheen affair is the way normal emotions and failings are relentlessly psychologised today. Note how Time magazine puts the word “passion” in quote marks; others say that Sheen’s claim that he is simply “angry” is really a denial of the fact that he is "Mood Disordered". Apparently everything we do and feel is really an expression of some inner imbalance that urgently needs to be fixed by modern-day witch doctors with a PhD in personality-policing. In refusing to go along with this nonsense, Sheen nicely reminds us that we alone are responsible for our behaviour, and that we alone can improve ourselves, when we’re ready.

#21 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:44 PM

Is that from a Scientologist?
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#22 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:54 PM

sorry..despite all the bullshit...I still like the guy..hardcore meltdown or not....the show was funny and clever and I for one, am very sad to see it go...his personal issues/demons are his own and if he chooses to deal with them in this manner< go Bro is all I say...everything comes out in the washPosted Image

#23 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

sorry..despite all the bullshit...I still like the guy..hardcore meltdown or not....the show was funny and clever and I for one, am very sad to see it go...his personal issues/demons are his own and if he chooses to deal with them in this manner< go Bro is all I say...everything comes out in the washPosted Image

The writers wrote funny scripts and that isn't likely to change. They are talking about replacing Charlie's character with another character. It might work. Other shows have lost key characters and gone on.

#24 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

Never watched it, never will.
Show me your dragon magic

#25 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:24 PM

The writers wrote funny scripts and that isn't likely to change. They are talking about replacing Charlie's character with another character. It might work. Other shows have lost key characters and gone on.

it will NOT work. my two cents, the show WAS Charlie..and if he isnt a participant, im outties

#26 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:34 PM

I'll be curious to see what happens on The Office when Michael Scott departs.

#27 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:24 AM

When Michael Fox left 'Spin City' they replaced him with Charlie Sheen back a 100 years ago and that show did very well, losing such a key character. No one thought 'American Idol' would be successful without Simon but viewer ship is even higher than before. When Susan Summers left 'Three's Company' and when Farrah Fawcett left 'Charlie's Angels' after the first season those shows still thrived with their parts being written out. Good writers can make a transition work, no matter how popular the person who is leaving was.

#28 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:39 PM

I also think, despite having an awesome lead, people are attached to all the other characters as well.

#29 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QS0q3mGPGg&feature=player_embedded[/url]

#30 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:45 PM

Sheen Sues Warner Bros. & Lorre for $100 Million

56 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned ... Charlie Sheen has just filed a lawsuit against Warner Bros. and Chuck Lorre, and he's not only demanding he get paid for the 8 scrapped "Two and a Half Men" episodes, he's also suing on behalf of the cast and crew ... and the suit is for $100,000,000 plus punitive damages.

In a scathing preamble, legal pit bull Marty Singer writes in the lawsuit, "Chuck Lorre, one of the richest men in television who is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, believes himself to be so wealthy and powerful that he can unilaterally decide to take money away from the dedicated cast and crew of the popular television series, 'Two and a Half Men,' in order to serve his own ego and self-interest, and make the star of the Series the scapegoat for Lorre's own conduct."

Singer alleges the cancellation is based on "Warner Bros. capitulating to Lorre's egotistical desire to punish Mr. Sheen ..."

Singer alleges there was a conspiracy between Lorre and Warner Bros. to blame Charlie for the cancellation.

Singer tells TMZ, the suit is also filed on behalf of the cast and crew, based on what's called a "private attorney general's statute." To view this in the lawsuit, see page 21, paragraphs 70 - 75.

And this is interesting ... Singer alleges the decision to cancel the 8 episodes was made BEFORE Sheen criticized Lorre, because Lorre allegedly wanted out so he could work on his other shows -- and because he hated Sheen.

The suit points out Warner Bros. renegotiated Charlie's contract when he was facing felony charges in Aspen -- charges Warner Bros. thought would land Charlie in jail.

Singer claims they fired Charlie when he was sick, and that's a violation of State and federal law.

http://www.tmz.com/2...ary-8-episodes/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users