36 replies to this topic

#1 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:58 AM

What do you dudes/dudettes make of this case - saw an old documentary on TV last night.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#2 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:08 AM

A giant cluster fuck is what I make of the case.

#3 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:56 AM

I think the Mom was innocent, and somebody who knew the family killed the girl.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#4 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:22 PM

Can you believe the police didn't bother to seal the crime scene and family members were allowed to come and go in and out of the house as they pleased after the body was discovered.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#5 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:17 PM

Can you believe the police didn't bother to seal the crime scene and family members were allowed to come and go in and out of the house as they pleased after the body was discovered.

That's probably why we'll never get an answer on who did it.

#6 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:54 PM

personally I think the parents were and are as guilty as fuck..if one of them didn't do it, the sure a shit know who did... bungled fucking justice :(

#7 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:07 PM

Couldn't find the vid, but MadTV did a great sketch(es?) about the Ramsey's...made the dad look totally psycho.

Also, wasn't there DNA that recently (a year or so ago?) exonerated the parents? I never followed this too much, but my idea of justice is that those guilty are punished...not that those most creepy (i.e. stage parents) are punished. I personally have no ideas about this case. Stage parents and kiddie pageants are totally creepy, but it's not murder. Then again, they totally could have done it. Parents who want to whore up their kids...who knows? Certainly not me.

In case it isn't clear that kiddie pageants are creepy, I leave you with this:

Posted Image

To quote Axl, for all y'all stage parents..."vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time [and creepy]".
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#8 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:57 PM

Also, wasn't there DNA that recently (a year or so ago?) exonerated the parents?

Yes, more specifically the Mom.

#9 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

Also, wasn't there DNA that recently (a year or so ago?) exonerated the parents?

I vaguely remember that she was dead by the time it came out that she hadn't done anything.
Sister burn the temple

#10 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:14 PM

I don't think she was ever excluded from writing the ransom note though. The note in of itself is pretty weird. What kind of abductor is going to sit down and write a good 10 page ransom letter?

#11 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:21 PM

http://www.associate...cleared_of.html

#12 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:23 PM

What kind of abductor is going to sit down and write a good 10 page ransom letter?

One who cares about crafting quality prose, diction, and eloquence?
Sister burn the temple

#13 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:57 PM

http://www.associate...cleared_of.html

This is still an interesting read: http://news.google.c...&pg=6638,205639

#14 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:38 AM

I think the Mom was innocent, and somebody who knew the family killed the girl.

I agree. They were crazy for not following up on the "Secret Santa". The reason this case will never be solved is because they zeroed in on the parents from day one and by the time they considered anything else, it was too late as the trails were cold. Also, too much time was spent obsessing over that ransom note.

For those that don't remember, a couple days before she died, Jonbenet told someone that Santa was gonna visit her and give her a "special treat" and she wasn't supposed to tell. That was a huge red flag and everyone involved in the case should have been fired for incompetence. They did follow this clue a bit, but they only assumed she meant the guy who dressed up as Santa for their parties. In reality, it could have been anybody.

There were some oddities in this case though that did cast some suspicion towards the family. The dictionary open to the word 'incest', the enhanced 911 call that shows her brother was awake when they said he was asleep, the older stepbrother whose whereabouts were a bit fishy, etc.

Also, there was unknown male DNA on her panties so whether or not people want to crucify the parents, there was someone else there that night.

I don't think she was ever excluded from writing the ransom note though. The note in of itself is pretty weird. What kind of abductor is going to sit down and write a good 10 page ransom letter?

It doesn't matter if Bill Cosby wrote it. The ransom note is the reddest of red herrings and once the body was found in the house(proving it wasn't a kidnapping), that note should have been placed in a file somewhere and investigators concentrate on other aspects of the case. The FBI even told them it was "staging within staging within staging", so the whole world harping on that note while assembling a lynch party for the Ramseys achieved only one thing....

the killer(s) laughing while they walked away.

Having said all this, that was(is) a creepy family. Underneath the upper middle class, perfect family mask was some pretty disturbing stuff. She was treated like a doll on a pedestal and just way too much sexuality revolving around her.

I still don't think they killed her though.

Yeah that was the first mistake. They even let the parents undress her and put on new clothes.
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#15 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:14 AM

Damn Gomer, reading that part about her saying that about Santa visiting her fucking sent chills down my spine.......... why would u write a big ransom note and kill the victim? sounds counterproductive.
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users