36 replies to this topic

#16 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:26 PM

^^ If I remember correctly, this visit from Santa was going to be a followup visit on Boxing Day, the day her body was ultimately found. You're right about DNA being found on her underwear, although the family was completely excluded by the DNA testing on that clothing.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#17 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:35 PM

The thing that's still the biggest mystery to me is not so much the culprit, but the motive. What possible reason could someone want JonBenet dead?
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#18 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:58 PM

that pic of her up there creeps me out also. I agree AMM... what would someone have to gain?
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#19 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:46 PM

Why does anybody kill a child? Or anybody else for that matter?
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#20 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:05 PM

Why does anybody kill a child? Or anybody else for that matter?

Because they had you falsely imprisoned in the Chateau d'If or perhaps stole your fiance during your incarceration?
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#21 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:36 PM

That reminds me of a line from Raising Arizona: "My finance left me."
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#22 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

99.9% of the time it's over $ or love, and it's usually a family member.

#23 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:58 PM

The thing that's still the biggest mystery to me is not so much the culprit, but the motive. What possible reason could someone want JonBenet dead?

I always thought the trip the Ramseys were supposed to take that day may have been a clue that everyone ignored. Even in books on this case it is glossed over, but I think a few dots might be connected if they would have dug into that.

I think they were going to Michigan. She was killed literally a few hours before this trip was going to happen, obviously preventing it from occurring. While it was going to be a family vacation, what else was going to happen on this trip? What was gained by them not going?

The only legitimate clue in the ransom note is the ransom itself. Its the same amount of money as John's bonus. Clearly not a coincidence, and since that does point towards someone they knew, the trip itself deserved a second look.
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#24 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:42 PM

Another thing is that there were like a 100 B&Es in their neighborhood in the 3 months before the murder, as well as over 30 sex offenders living within a 5 mile radius, so the Ramseys weren't exactly living in the nicest neighborhood money could afford.

#25 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

Yep, which points to people other than the Ramseys. There was also a bum in the neighborhood that Jonbenet talked to from time to time. Could have been perfectly innocent, but this guy should have been tracked down hours/days after the murder. Jonbenet was a chronic bedwetter(a sign of abuse), and she let strangers undress her and would even take off her clothes and ask people if they thought she was pretty. That house was dysfunction junction and the way she was raised and how they allowed her to act may have led to her death. So while her parents deserve blame for the macabre way they raised those children, burning them at the stake for murder is a leap I'm not willing to take. The list of suspects is a light year long. Why they narrowed it down to two people(her parents) immediately is mind boggling.

#26 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:55 PM

because no matter what, the PARENTS are ultimately responsible for what happened,how she was raised, how she developed her habits and trust of total strangers..maybe it had nothing to do with their DNA but it was deifnately Parental Negligence... IMHO.

#27 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:57 PM

.....parents are there to always be there to protect and nuture their kids...these parents wanted some kind of twisted fame and glorly for their daughter...they dropped the ball and the innocent is dead...blood on their hands whether physically or figuratively

#28 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:49 PM

I agree that her parents deserve blame for that specific aspect of her life. While I do not have children, I can guarantee that if I had a six year old daughter she would not be undressing in front of strangers and/or asking them for compliments on her looks. They turned her into a sex doll and had she not been murdered in 1996, something tragic would have eventually happened. Another interesting clue was the 911 call from the White's house on Christmas eve. Jonbenet was there, and when the cops showed up, they were told it was a wrong number so the cops left. At this party, Jonbenet was whining around saying she wasn't pretty. On Christmas morning, Jonbenet's big present from her parents was a doll which was a life size replica of herself. She hated it, and apparently Patsy copped a major attitude from this and was acting peculiar the rest of the day. Starting days before the actual murder, there was a bizarre series of events which pretty much sealed her fate. All these events are connected in some way yet have the appearance of being random. One of the reasons it can never be solved. Each time a question is asked, instead of an answer it creates a new series of questions. The fact the case was bungled from the get go did it no favors. I'm not even sure it was solvable with a perfect investigation happening. The FBI profiling unit couldn't even give you a ball park figure on who did it. That speaks volumes about the complexity of this case.

#29 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

fucked up shit. still makes me ill. I have kids..

#30 Boogers

Boogers

Members

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:23 PM

I saw this programme last night and had a look at the ransom note myself (and that's how I found this discussion). I've studied some psychology and have some experience with people with mental health issues and there were a few things about that note that struck with previous experience. 1. the long-winded story telling is so child like. It sounds like a socially and emotionally immature person telling their mum some elaborate lie to cover their back. Perhaps the authorities were not looking in a young enough age group (e.g under 18) Only a young person would think $118000 dollars is a lot of money to demand in a ransom, surely?! 2. There are quite a few phrases and paraphrases from movies (Speed, Dirty Harry), fbi files type shows etc which again makes me think of a younger person who has little life experience and had to draw on movies & tv to construct the note. 3. Some of the language used, the punctuation used and the deliberate attempts at mispelling suggest the person may be socially immature, but they are probably at quite a good academic level. 4. The changes in the handwriting and writing style somewhat indicated disjointed thoughts, but I don't think this person was in a panic. I think they felt angry and manic. I also think there was genuine venom aimed at John. 5. I think the sign off "Victory! S.B.T.C" strikes me as some kind of attempt at superiority, perhaps indicative of some manic thinking (delusions of grandeur)? I can't help but wonder if the intention of the ransom note was truly meant to be a ransom note for her body, but that somehow their plan fell through when they were not able to take her body from the scene? Or perhaps when the person could not take her alive from the scene (not strong enough?) they decided to kill her in the home. There are numerous words used that suggest someone with an IT background and as that was John's business ..I can't help but wonder if they looked closely enough at ex-trainees or employees there. Also the $118000 was the amount of a bonus awarded to John that other employees would know about. Overall, I do think the police's almighty cock-ups in this case have screwed the chances of ever catching this person. Unless their DNA ends up in the system, we will probably never know. Which is a horrible cloud for her surviving family members to live under.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users