41 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:18 AM

Do we have little green men out there or what?
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#2 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

IM saying YES...we have to be pretty fucking stupid if we think we are the epitome of intelligent life forms :)

#3 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:30 PM

those Aliens can mow a lawn pretty good.

#4 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

IM saying YES...we have to be pretty fucking stupid if we think we are the epitome of intelligent life forms :)

Exactly. Do you think the epitome of intelligence is to create a massive, powerful, information and communications device...and then use it to watch ourselves fuck stuff? I wonder if aliens do that. Maybe we aren't that different after all?
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#5 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:13 PM

UFOs? No. All that energy and technology needed to get here and then just fly about abducting rednecks and flashing lights........don't think so. Other intelligent lifeforms in the universe? Almost certainly. Might remove 'other' though.
Show me your dragon magic

#6 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

I actually just watched a great documentary called "I know what I saw" on youtube. It was done by the history channel.

Regardless of what you believe it is very intriguing.

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#7 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:33 AM

I believe there is an alternative universe running parallel with us right now,we just don't have the senses to detect them, and they don't have the senses to detect us. there are other planets... they aren't there for scenery.
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#8 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:55 PM

I think i s sniffing glue again...just sayin

#9 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

I believe there is an alternative universe running parallel with us right now,we just don't have the senses to detect them, and they don't have the senses to detect us.

Far out.

there are other planets... they aren't there for scenery.

The vast majority aren't there to support life either.
Show me your dragon magic

#10 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:54 PM

Not life as we perceive it anyway.

#11 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:00 PM

I think I rather be alot drunker to be reading this conversation..I like planet LIsa

#12 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:04 PM

I'm fixing to go to planet whiskey!

#13 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:50 PM

fuck dude, Im on Plante Margarita...maybe we're related?? off to buzz up numero 5

#14 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:43 AM

I believe there is an alternative universe running parallel with us right now,we just don't have the senses to detect them, and they don't have the senses to detect us. there are other planets... they aren't there for scenery.

What you are referring to is the Multi-Verse Hypothesis. It has been derived from complex mathematics(don't ask me to explain it; my math isn't that good), and the numbers work out in simulations.

We have discussed this before on the forum( I did a search and it came back with nothing, so it might have been at the old place). Basically, the postulate is that there are an infinite number of universes. So, every action that you have ever contemplated has occurred... and, every action that anyone has ever contemplated! Weird shit, I know, but the numbers crunch.

So, if it is true, I would like to give a shout out to all myself homies out there... Hey, me. Most of those are probably shouting back- at least the ones that like me.

On to the question at hand:

Of course there are UFOs. By definition, it is a phenomenon that is unexplained. Everyone has seen something in the sky that they didn't know what it was composed of!

As to extra-terrestrial life visiting Earth? Of course, not. Most people that espouse such views have no comprehension of the vast distances of space travel, or the physics involved.

Briefly, space is a very dangerous place. Relativistic particles are zapping about everywhere; it is the magnetosphere of our planet that has allowed the development of life, here. Without it, the planet would be sterile.

Then, there are the vast distances. Nearby stars are 10-100 light years(ly) from Earth; the closest, Alpha Proxima Centaurti, is 4.2 ly distant. Our current technologies would require 17,000 years to reach that closest neighbor. Again, the same to return.

Now, some might present the argument that there are species that are much more advanced... to which I would say- hell, it took us 4.6 billion years of evolution to reach this stage, and it was a fluke of circumstance- the need to manipulate tools- that advanced our cranial capacity.

But, let us assume that a superior race is out there, and that they can travel. There is still a fundamental constant that has been observed all over the Universe; from present all the way back to the Cosmic Microwave Background... E=MC².

What that tells us is that energy and mass are equivalent... and a function of the speed of light! In other words, It would take all of the mass of the universe to accelerate a particle at relativistic velocities.

So no, there are no little green men.

#15 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:58 AM

One thing that I would like to add- that is left out of virtually all discussions of UFOs- is that every night there are thousands... perhaps, tens of thousands, of amateur astronomers observing the sky(while, I have neglected the hobby of late, most can corroborate), and none of the UFO reports have come from them. It is probably because most sky watchers are familiar with what they are seeing; when Sirius is a pulsating orb radiating colors red, blue, and green, we recognize that it is refraction. That bright object in the sky that seems to move is probably Venus, and you should stop your vehicle, and then observe. The point being that with a little knowledge, ridiculous assumptions are just that, ridiculous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users