#31 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:31 AM

While it's all very fascinating, I voted for Home Depot. I don't know that I believe in alien abductions and such. Course, I've never been abducted either, so what would I know? And UFOs are just that - unidentified flying objects - God knows what they are - could be anything.

#32 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:01 PM

they live at Walmart :|

#33 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:15 PM

Some even go and live at Kmart.

#34 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

good thing we have no more Kmart in Canada..maybe that is why you guys have more 'crazies' ??

#35 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:50 PM

lol, they turned the one just outside of Napanee into a bingo hall.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#36 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:30 PM

omg how appropriate

#37 winstonlegthigh

winstonlegthigh

Members

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:01 AM

I think that logic dictates that there must be SOME form of other life out there, whether it's more or less intelligent than us, who knows. As a general thing, i'd say i don't know whether they're out there or not but i definitely think there is some form of life out there. Thats the beauty of the universe though, perhaps our levels of perception aren't correctly disposed to see or understand all forms of life. Which further begs the question, if you can't percieve it does it exist as far as you're concerned?

#38 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

I think that logic dictates that there must be SOME form of other life out there, whether it's more or less intelligent than us, who knows. As a general thing, i'd say i don't know whether they're out there or not but i definitely think there is some form of life out there. Thats the beauty of the universe though, perhaps our levels of perception aren't correctly disposed to see or understand all forms of life. Which further begs the question, if you can't percieve it does it exist as far as you're concerned?

I think any life that is less "advanced" than us (I wouldn't say less intelligent - think Sarah Palin) will have followed a similar evolutionary path, and any species at a similar evolutionary stage to us will have had to learn to harness and use energy in some way, which there aren't really many ways to do at a low level. Also, any species that has evolved beyond way beyond us will have had to go through a technology period but could well have evolved to a point where it isn't life that we can perceive.
Show me your dragon magic

#39 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

I think any life that is less "advanced" than us (I wouldn't say less intelligent - think Sarah Palin) will have followed a similar evolutionary path, and any species at a similar evolutionary stage to us will have had to learn to harness and use energy in some way, which there aren't really many ways to do at a low level. Also, any species that has evolved beyond way beyond us will have had to go through a technology period but could well have evolved to a point where it isn't life that we can perceive.

Are you referring to a species of Terminators?
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#40 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:24 AM

Are you referring to a species of Terminators?

No - more like Michio Kaku's levels of civilization

#41 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:41 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-11041449