#4231 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:51 AM

Though, it will never happen, there is nothing I'd rather see than that POS swinging from the gallows.

It's funny, as I have very different feelings about Assange, Manning, and Snowden.  Assange is a criminal.  He knowingly accepts and posts stolen materials.  While I generally support the notion of a global journalistic agency that investigates and counters government lines, they do so in the least responsible way possible. 

Manning, on the other hand, stole materials while in uniform.  While I might support protection of some of that as a whistle blower, other pieces are just meant to embarrass.  He went to prison for it, got commuted, end of story. 

Snowden I largely see as a whistleblower.  He informed about an NSA spying program of dubious constitutionality.  My only real beef with Snowden is that he went to Russia and who knows how much info they've gotten from him.  The only charges I would support against him would be related to anything he gave to a foreign power OTHER than what was made public.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#4232 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:32 PM

Trump is ready to shut down the gubbermint if M̶e̶x̶i̶c̶o̶ we don't pay for his wall. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#4233 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:12 PM

Low rent...

21visitors-master768.jpg

#4234 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:30 AM

Palin's dressed like she stopped by on the way to a Journey concert. 

Sister burn the temple

#4235 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

nah a co headline show with Journey and Def Leppard.

#4236 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:40 PM

Haley: Another missile test by North Korea could prompt U.S. military action

Another ballistic missile test from North Korea could prompt a military reaction from the United States, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said Monday morning.

Speaking from Washington, where she and other members of the U.N. Security Council will meet with President Donald Trump later Monday, Haley told NBC’s “Today” show that “we are not going to do anything unless he gives us reason to do something.” But should North Korea continue its recent pattern of saber-rattling, Haley said the U.S. is prepared to respond with military force.

“If you see him attack a military base, if you see some sort of intercontinental ballistic missile, then obviously we’re going to do that,” Haley said in response to a question about what activity from North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un might prompt a response from the U.S. military. “But right now, we're saying don't test, don’t use nuclear missiles, don’t try and do any more actions, and I think he's understanding that and China’s helping us really put that pressure on him.”

“Let me just make sure I understand what you just said,” NBC anchor Matt Lauer followed up. “If he tests another intercontinental ballistic missile, if he were to test another nuclear device, when you say, ‘Obviously we're going to do that,’ do you mean military retaliation?”

“I think then the president steps in and decides what's going to happen,” Haley replied.

By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from POLITICO. You can unsubscribe at any time.
North Korea has attempted two missile tests in recent weeks, one of which was successful, and was engaged in preparations consistent with a possible sixth nuclear weapon test. In response to the stepped-up activity from North Korea, the U.S. military moved an aircraft carrier, the USS Carl Vinson, into the waters off the Korean Peninsula.

That deployment, initially presented by the military and the White House as immediate, was actually delayed until after the carrier completed joint exercises with the Australian navy.

#4237 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:57 PM

Trump v. Kim is effectively the same as two drunk hotheads in a bar.  We've all seen one drunk idiot at a bar.  We can ignore him.  That's Kim.  But then a new drunk hothead walks in to talk the same level of shit and hit on the same two hot Asian chicks in the corner (we'll call them Suzy Korea and Jennie Pan).  And now they've got to throw down.

Sister burn the temple

#4238 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:57 PM

Entire U.S. Senate to go to White House for North Korea briefing

#4239 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

Trump v. Kim is effectively the same as two drunk hotheads in a bar.  We've all seen one drunk idiot at a bar.  We can ignore him.  That's Kim.  But then a new drunk hothead walks in to talk the same level of shit and hit on the same two hot Asian chicks in the corner (we'll call them Suzy Korea and Jennie Pan).  And now they've got to throw down.

Nuke_Trump.jpg

#4240 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:20 AM

Since Trump is risking nuclear war, can we please start getting some of those "POTUS is the antichrist" memes that the religious right threw at Obama?

Sister burn the temple

#4241 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:02 PM

Trump didn’t know ‘much’ about NATO when he called it ‘obsolete’: report

President Trump admitted he did not know much about NATO when he first called it “obsolete” on the campaign trail last year, he told the Associated Press.

“They had a quote from me that NATO's obsolete. But they didn't say why it was obsolete. I was on Wolf Blitzer, very fair interview, the first time I was ever asked about NATO, because I wasn't in government. People don't go around asking about NATO if I'm building a building in Manhattan, right?” Trump said to the AP, according to a full transcript published late Sunday.

“So they asked me, Wolf ... asked me about NATO, and I said two things. ‘NATO's obsolete’ — not knowing much about NATO, now I know a lot about NATO — NATO is obsolete, and I said, ‘And the reason it's obsolete is because of the fact they don't focus on terrorism.’ You know, back when they did NATO, there was no such thing as terrorism,” Trump continued.

The 67-year-old North Atlantic Treaty Organization does in fact have a focus on counter-terrorism and issued its first formal declaration on the issue in 1980. The alliance also invoked Article 5 — which commits NATO countries to help any member state under attack — one day after the 9/11 attacks on the U.S in 2001.

NATO also made a change to its terrorism blueprint in 2012, when it stated that “the Alliance strives at all times to remain aware of the evolving threat from terrorism; to ensure it has adequate capabilities to prevent, protect against, and respond to terrorist threats.”

Trump first criticized NATO during an interview with The Washington Post's editorial board in March 2016, saying NATO “as a concept is good, but it is not as good as it was when it first evolved.”

Following the March 22, 2016, terrorist attacks in Brussels, where at least 35 were killed and more than 300 injured, Trump told ABC News he thought NATO was “obsolete.”

"NATO was done at a time you had the Soviet Union, which was obviously larger — much larger than Russia is today,” he said, adding that the alliance should be “readjusted to take care of terrorism.”

But earlier this month, at a joint press conference with NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg, Trump said the alliance is “no longer obsolete.”

Trump said he will continue to work closely with NATO allies, particularly when it comes to fighting terrorism.

But he also said, “I complained about that a long time ago and they made a change and now they do fight terrorism.”

“I said it was obsolete,” he continued. “It is not longer obsolete.”

At the time, Trump also reiterated his call for NATO allies to “meet their financial obligations and pay what they owe.” 

Trump will attend a NATO summit in Brussels on May 25. 

#4242 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:49 PM

In a dramatic response to a power-grab by Republicans in the North Carolina legislature, a Republican judge resigned today to circumvent efforts to strip power from the Democratic governor.

The Charlotte Observer reports that following today’s surprise resignation by Republican Judge J. Douglas McCullough, Democrat John Arrowood was sworn in. Judge McCullough worked as a staffer for Senator Harrison Schmitt (R-NM) before being appointed by President Ronald Reagan as United States Attorney in the eastern district of North Carolina.

Since Democrat Roy Cooper was elected Governor of North Carolina last fall, the Republican Legislature has gone to great lengths to strip his office of power. Yet with a three-sentence resignation letter this morning, Judge McCullough has proven that not all Republicans are willing to go along with shenanigans by legislative Republicans.

North Carolina has a mandatory retirement age for judges. To prevent the Democratic Party governor from appointing replacements for Court of Appeals judges nearing forced retirement, the Republican Legislature passed a bill to shrink the size of the court from 15 to 12 judges — thereby denying the Democrat of three scheduled appointments.

The legislation was vetoed on Friday, but a successful veto override was expected later tonight.

However, before the legislature could vote to override Governor Cooper’s veto of House Bill 239, Judge McCullough resigned 36 days prior to his forced retirement. This allowed the appointment of Judge Arrowood at 9:45 a.m. this morning.

“I did not want my legacy to be the elimination of a seat and the impairment of a court that I have served on,” Judge McCullough explained.

Newly sworn-in Judge John Arrowood is the first openly gay member of the North Carolina Court of Appeals.

#4243 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:11 PM

Good for the judge.  Some of us actually want to see the country served, and not just for our side to win.  The GOP is pulling similar shit here in Indiana.  A few years back we elected a Democrat as the state Superintendent of Public Education, after the Republican in the job totally fucked things up.  Guess what they're now making an appointed position?  Apparently the like the voters until the voters back the other side, then fuck 'em and kill the franchise for that office.  At some point there will have to be a reckoning.

Sister burn the temple

#4244 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:29 PM

Why have rules at all...

rules.png

#4245 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:16 PM

At times like this, I wish Flagg were here to explain how this is a Democrat's fault.

Sister burn the temple

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users