#77 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

That was yeterday's newsroom chuckle.
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#78 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:00 PM

Posted Image
Show me your dragon magic

#79 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:00 PM

http://www.prnewswir...-117087438.html

#80 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:27 PM

Dude, a short synopsis... please. :)

#81 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:31 PM

'God is a Myth!' Raelian Movement Launches Atheistic Campaign

#82 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:31 PM

Click.

#83 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:33 PM

I'd do more synopses if Madison hadn't killed the text window. Half the time I cut and paste and it ends up in black font on black background. The rest of the time it formats like crap. Just trust me, every link I post is worth clicking on. You can mouse over most of them to get a decent clue.

#84 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:53 PM

http://www.myfoxtwin...gong-mar-1-2011
ST. LOUIS PARK, Minn. - Some call a Chinese healing tool called Quigong “needle-less acupuncture,” but to one St. Louis Park third-grader using the practice to heal his friends, it’s magic.
Getting lost in a different world isn’t hard for 8-year-old Leif Reffsgaard and Paul Krenik, who both love Harry Potter.
“I just think magic is really cool,” Reffsgaard said.
Magic is usually saved for the imagination, but in his life, Reffsgaard is using an ancient Chinese teaching that he said often makes him feel like Harry.
“I feel like I'm a wizard using the healing spell,” Reffsgaard said.
Reffsgaard said he has used Qigong many tomes to help heal injured friends, including Krenik, who recently fell and hurt his leg in gym class.
“At first, I was like, ‘How on earth is he going to heal me?’ when it was hurting,” Krenik recalled. “When he used it, I was like, ‘Woah, what just happened?’”
Krenik described the feeling of the treatment as being everything he liked, a soft blanket hitting the pain. For Reffsgaard, there’s more in it for him than just the satisfaction of a job well done.
“When I help others, it makes me feel happy,” Reffsgaard said.
To understand Qigong, FOX 9 News spoke with Reffsgaard’s teacher, Master Chunyi Lin. Lin has studied the art for more than 30 years.
“QI means energy, gong means work,” Lin explained. “Working with the body’s energy -- that's what Qigong is all about.”
There are two types Qigong. First, the external type where a master helps to improve another person’s flow of energy.
“A person sends out energy through the heart to help others to clear the energy blockages -- clear the aches and pains,” Lin said.
Deanne Kroll said she came to Lin more than a decade ago with headaches that wouldn’t go away, and he demonstrated how he helped her feel.
“I’m going to send out energy from my heart to help you unplug those energy blockages,” Lin explained. “You might feel a tingly sensation here or there.”
Lin said he knows that just by looking at it, Qigong can appear to be hokey, but a recent study at the University of Minnesota and Mayo Clinic found that people suffering from chronic pain felt significantly better after weeks of external Qigong treatments.
According to Lin, the extra energy provided via Qigong can help provide protection to prevent illnesses in the body.
Now, what was once an ancient Chinese secret only known by Qigong masters, Lin has developed Spring Forest Qigong so that people can help heal themselves with internal Qigong.
“Everybody was born with this gift,” Lin said. “So, you can help yourself and others to heal.”
Lin said that is the unique aspect of his internal art, and said practicing Qigong for just 10 minutes each day can improve a person’s quality of life and give practitioners more energy.
As for believing in the process, Lin said children like Reffsgaard are quick learners because they are often more open to what appears impossible.
“The most powerful healing energy in the universe is love, unconditional love. His love is so pure,” said Lin of Reffsgaard . “He wants to help others. He used the techniques, and it works.”
At 8 years old, Reffsgaard has now practiced Qigong for four years and said he intends to keep using his wizardry to help himself and his friends.

#85 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

Posted Image

#86 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:55 PM

Report: Brandon Davies case about sex

Brandon Davies was dismissed from BYU's basketball team after he admitted to having sexual relations with his girlfriend, the Salt Lake Tribune reported Wednesday.
BYU's honor code forbids students from having premarital sex and instructs them to "live a chaste and virtuous life."

The newspaper reported that Davies met with school officials on Monday.

BYU officials would only confirm Wednesday that Davies wasn't involved in anything criminal that resulted in his dismissal from the team.

University spokeswoman Carri Jenkins said an honor code review is under way to determine if the BYU sophomore will be allowed to remain in school, as well as his status with the team next season.

BYU's honor code also requires students to be honest; abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee and substance abuse; and attend church regularly.

The school announced the dismissal on Tuesday night after being made aware of the violation Monday -- the same day that BYU (27-2, 13-1 Mountain West) vaulted to No. 3 in the ESPN/USA Today and AP polls.

Davies had started 26 of 29 games and averaged 11.1 points and a team-leading 6.2 rebounds.

The sophomore was a key member of BYU's frontcourt and was instrumental in helping contain San Diego State's forwards in the Cougars' 80-67 victory over the Aztecs.

School officials said coach Dave Rose would address the issue following Wednesday's game against New Mexico.

Davies was one of Jimmer Fredette's favorite targets in the post, ran the floor well and gave the Cougars length and size inside.

Apparently this kid was their third leading scorer. Third on the court, and first in the sack, eh ladies?
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#87 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:25 AM

Well damn, if he's going to have sex, he might as well commit one more sin and lie about it.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#88 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:37 AM

Well damn, if he's going to have sex, he might as well commit one more sin and lie about it.

I agree. If you're going to break the code of honor of the school and have sex then another, older code of honor should kick in---the one that says, you don't "kiss" and tell.

#89 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

Wait, BYU kicks kids off of teams if they have sex? Oh man, that is rich. And my niece goes there. I feel for her, truly.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#90 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

Wait, BYU kicks kids off of teams if they have sex? Oh man, that is rich. And my niece goes there. I feel for her, truly.

You can feel for her...but the boys at the school cannot.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)