27 replies to this topic

#16 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

Sounded good....as good as it could on my laptop here.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#17 disease51883

disease51883

Members

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

That sounds pretty straight forward, but I don't remember hearing anything about it. What was the deal with that again?

The no more albums, only singles thing? This is all that's really been said:

"The listening patterns have changed, so why are we killing ourselves to do albums, to create balance, and do the arty track to set up the single? It's done."

- Billy Corgan

Also, if I'm not mistaken, they're not on a label anymore, they put out the first of these "singles instead of albums" awhile back, and the plan seems to be to keep going that route in the future. It may even be a smart business move, but what can I say. I'm a big fan of albums and "arty tracks".
Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

#18 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:07 PM

I've never downloaded one thing from the interweb tubes other than leaks...so I guess you can say I like albums too.

#19 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:26 PM

That sounds pretty straight forward, but I don't remember hearing anything about it. What was the deal with that again?

The no more albums, only singles thing? This is all that's really been said:

"The listening patterns have changed, so why are we killing ourselves to do albums, to create balance, and do the arty track to set up the single? It's done."

- Billy Corgan

Also, if I'm not mistaken, they're not on a label anymore, they put out the first of these "singles instead of albums" awhile back, and the plan seems to be to keep going that route in the future. It may even be a smart business move, but what can I say. I'm a big fan of albums and "arty tracks".

Yeah, they don't have a record contract anymore.

I don't like the idea of no more albums either, but who knows. Billy has contradicted himself before.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#20 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:16 PM

One of my Dad's all-time favorite songs:

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#21 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

Insta-classic ^^

#22 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:40 PM

He rarely cranks his music, but when that tune comes on..look out, lol.

#23 disease51883

disease51883

Members

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:13 AM

Before I decided to gripe about the "singles over albums" idea, I was going to say how much I like this song. It's one of those rare ones that I can count on having stuck in my head for at least the rest of the day whenever I hear it. Heh.
Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

#24 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:47 AM

Don't worry about the singles only thing. Billy also said years ago that the Pumpkins would never reform, and of course they did.

#25 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

As did Led Zep, Eagles, STP.....
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#26 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:00 PM

Haha, the all-mighty dollar often has the last word.

#27 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:40 PM

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txcPW7G3rrg[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ds-fPZUdb0[/url]

#28 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:39 PM

I love the old stuff but the newer stuff is boring ass reading Ds post.Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users