2550 replies to this topic

#2131 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:48 AM

Yes, disregard it.  You're not excited?  What to do?  Get some tickets!  You're right there in Vegas!! 

I struck out!  Made lots of offers and even had that one sell right out from under me. I'm going tomorrow so it's all good. Will watch tonight from here on the 'puter, then go somewhere for a late dinner. I could have pulled out some cash and went down there, but I've never bought in front of a venue, and on a Friday it would be 45 down there and park easy. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#2132 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:58 AM

Glad to hear you're going.  I'm sitting here, logged into HTGTH, and watching updates just like I did last Friday and living vicariously through others' experiences.   Can't even get into mygnrforum.com.   First time I've been this excited about a current incarnation of GNR in over 20 years!        

#2133 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:11 AM

First time I've been this excited about a current incarnation of GNR in over 20 years!        

haha, I was just telling Neen that same thing (about you.) 

This stream is on again off again, but decent quality: 

http://www.ustream.t...=20160408162828

#2134 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:32 AM

Ha! Ha!  That's the same one I've got up!  That's great!  I keep getting ads, but only for a few seconds.  That's funny that you were telling your wife about me.  I can only hope that this isn't just a "one off" thing, you know?  I'd like to see them continue on like this and make more music  

#2135 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:06 AM

Sweet lawyard! Coma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2136 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:49 AM

Unreal. CD era spent 10+ years on that album, Slash walks in the door and five seconds later the songs are better. What a waste that project was.

The songs can be saved. Just give em to Slash.

I think we get an album out of this and I have zero opposition to all music on the tracks being removed. As a Bucket fan that would suck but they clearly know how to elevate these songs into something better so let them do it.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#2137 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:06 AM

I agree 100%. Slash brought it tonight...bigtime. I think it was the intro to Better? Sounded really cool...then his solo on TIL (Which I can't stand) was pretty epic. So much more feeling to it. 

#2138 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:26 AM

He made TIL listenable. Bless his heart.

Its not meant as a dig at Finck. He had no say in anything and just records a bunch of solos that Axl has to work with. Then factor in the infinite layers of noise on the album.

Slash knows exactly what a song needs. I want to hear him rework CITR now. That song begs for him as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Slash's idea to play these songs instead of an Axl power play like fans think. He can show Axl and the whole world instantly how he can take something good and make it better.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#2139 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:30 AM

Awesome show!  That was great!  

#2140 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:19 AM

I missed this on the live stream. They took this song back to its roots. Funny how in 2016 they are playing a version of the song that was rejected by the label 15 years ago and it sounds a million times better than the beer coaster it was released on in 2008.

-Adolf Hitler

#2141 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:58 AM

Sweet lawyard! Coma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whole setlist for those interested:

It's so easy
Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Jungle
Double Talkin Jive
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could be Mine
New Rose
This i Love
Come
Godfather Theme
Sweet Child
Better
Civil War

Instrumental (Wish You Were Here)
November Rain
Knockin'
Nightrain
Patience
Paradise

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#2142 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:26 AM

Better is now ready to be a single.

It took 16 goddamn years for someone to figure out how to make that song properly work.

-Adolf Hitler

#2143 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:43 AM

coma!!! get the fuck out of here. Never thought he would play that shit live and damn sound pretty damn good.

also can we get a CD rerelease with slash and duff on it!!!

#2144 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:17 AM

Better is now ready to be a single.

It took 16 goddamn years for someone to figure out how to make that song properly work.

I came in my pants after that solo.  Fucking awesome.

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#2145 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:56 AM

Its truly amazing what Slash can do with these songs. It's bat shit crazy. He makes Better sound like the hit it was supposed to be and CD hasn't sounded this good since Boston 2002.

I'm with Timothy. I'd gladly buy CD again with Slash and Duff adding their magic to it. Throw Melissa on there as well. I don't even need CD II now. Just release CD and redeem that damn beer coaster the label had the gall to release 8 years ago.

-Adolf Hitler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users