• PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:53 PM

Sweet Child Of Mine – A Candid Conversation with Deanna Adler

http://www.lavocelas...a-adler-part-i/

Book cover and description:

Sweet Child of Mine: How I Lost My Son to Guns N’ Roses

http://harpercollins...39.htm#readmore
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#92 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:12 PM

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljMhrTsIUzE[/url]
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#93 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:29 PM

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljMhrTsIUzE[/url]

How awesome.

Imagine if they dropped bombs like that all over America, with appearances on Late Night, SNL, MTV, complete with an amazing video, photos of the BAND.....oh well.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#94 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

'Welcome to the Jungle': That'll be $20 million, thank you

03/10/2011

Axl Rose's $20 million lawsuit today against Activision Blizzard Inc. for using a Guns N' Roses song in its "Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock" video game will take place early next year, a judge said today.

Rose alleges that Santa Monica-based Activision reneged on a promise not to use images of the band's former guitarist, Saul "Slash" Hudson, in the game. After a short conference with attorneys in chambers, Judge Charles Palmer scheduled the trial for Jan. 23.

"Simply put, the association between Slash and Guns N' Roses ended almost 15 years ago. Rose resists any attempts to revive or strengthen this past association," the complaint says.

Activision has denied any wrongdoing.

Rose's court papers described the contested song, "Welcome to the Jungle," as a "highly-renowned rock song of immense popularity regarded by fans and critics alike as one of the greatest hard rock songs of all time."

"Guitar Hero III" has generated well over $1 billion for Activision, according to singer's lawsuit, filed Nov. 23 in Los Angeles Superior Court.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/ci_17583431

#95 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:18 PM

What a fucking wanker, Rose is!

#96 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:05 PM

They'll settle.

#97 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......
Show me your dragon magic

#98 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:18 PM

http://www.avclub.co...r-anyway,46507/

#99 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:38 AM

^I've just had a quick skim read of that - will probably read it properly later on - and looks quite interesting. To me, the GNR/Nirvana debate is pretty pointless. Two very different bands with different styles (though both with "fucked up individuals" fronting them as that article puts it) and TBH it seems much of the hostility comes from the comments made by Axl and Kurt in the press. At least, from the GNR side of things, I don't hang around any Nirvana boards so I wouldn't really know what they think.
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

#100 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

Kurt Cobain had a kid and then killed himself. Regardless of anything Axl has done, KC was and is a loser and douchebag.

#101 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:22 PM

I don't want to get into a debate about the whole suicide thing, but IMO if someone gets to the point in life where they kill themselves, that's pretty fucking tragic and i've never been able to accept it when people have a go at him for doing that. I think there's all sorts of dimensions involved and it's not our place to criticise someone for reaching that point, (Not having a go at you TAP, i've just heard a few people 'criticise' Kurt for killing himself)
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

#102 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:33 PM

You can have a go at me all you want, I won't take it personally - though I will come to your house and force feed you deep fried mars bars! But the fact is, KC had a life that the vast, vast majority of humans over time and history would kill for and he blew himself away. Fuck him and his pathetic junkie cowardice, he's a 100% loser.

#103 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

I just have to disagree with ya on that. I think the combination of sudden fame (and i'm sure none of us here can comment on the effect that can have), being labelled the spokesman of a generation of whayever, a severe heroin addiction and being married to an equally heroin-addled Courtney Love had an effect that a lot of us couldn't begin to relate to. I think it;s easy to say "He had fame and money and fans worldwide and blew it". It just seems a very simplistic, shallow way of looking and the whole thing. And I've personally never seen suicide as 'the coward's way out'. I can tell you, i'm not sure I'd have the balls to put a gun to my head and pull the trigger. Assuming no one here believes the 'OMFGZ COURTNEY HAD HHIM KILLED!!!1111' theory..... I await your arrival with the Mars bars in the morning....

#104 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

ok, really not persuaded that he wasn't a coward. Sudden fame is tolerable, heroin addiction is his fault, the whole excuse/justification is bullshit IMO. Total loser/douche bag. Vast majority of world don't have enough food/water but struggle to survive.

#105 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:58 AM

Eh, I'm just a Nirvana fan and I guess I don't particularly like reading stuff like that. I doubt either of us are going to change our minds on this one, so we can just get back to talking about what else is going on in the GNR world. Oh wait.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users