• Please log in to reply
2550 replies to this topic

#76 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

Cause he is a slapnuts.

#77 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:41 PM

No seriously, what's the problem with that interview?
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#78 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:53 PM

there isn't one that I can see.

#79 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:21 PM

Probably, because of stuff like this:

There’s time when we are getting on stage so late and the audience has not been entertained at all for like two hours and so they are all angry and upset. I’m angry and upset with them. There are times when I just can’t let it go and there have been a couple of shows when I was really fucking pissed off on stage. Sometimes I even had to walk off and cool off to calm down because I was just going to fucking freak out. I found out the way to resolve that for me, because it’s not something that I am going to be able to change and it isn’t helping anyone as they are just watching some angry miserable guy on stage, it’s not like “well we waited for two hours to see the band and now we get to see the band but the band is pissed off”

Apparently, Thal got so pissed at Axl during the Dubai??? show he walked off stage mid-set.

And, then there is this comment referencing what happens after the checks between shows:

What happens after that? I don’t know! (laughs). I mean I’m there. I get there early. I take the earliest van that I can take to get to the venue from the hotel and I eat dinner with the crew or the other band members that arrived there early. I play my guitar, I warm up and I watch the opening act. That’s it and then I just make sure that I’m ready and that I’m there. Then I just wait to get on stage.

And there is this jab at Rose:

As far as what delays the show? I know where the finger is pointing but I’m not going to get into that! (laughs) I mean sometimes it’s for stupid reasons! There have been times where Axl is on his way over and the driver got lost for like a half hour. He gets there and everyone is pissed like “what the fuck! How does that happen?” You can literally see the venue from the hotel and it’s a five minute drive but the driver got lost for a half… fucking… hour.

Is this a Freudian slip?
Interviewer: ...do you feel that there is some real band chemistry going on there?
Thal: I do yeah. I mean we do

That is from the first few paragraphs of a long article. Most people, other than the nutswingers, tend to think that he is on the way out.

#80 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:34 PM

http://www.mygnrforu...pic=175152&st=0
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#81 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:40 PM

Man, HTGTH crossed the line from 'being supportive of the band' to 'censoring anything that remotely suggests Axl Rose is not perfect' a long time ago.... Posted Image
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

#82 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:14 PM

HTGTH: The world's least dangerous message board
Show me your dragon magic

#83 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:24 PM

Begin The Bumblefoot Pink Slip Watch

By: James Greene Jr.
published on March 3, 2011
236,236http://www.crawdaddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/bumblefoot.jpg[/img]

Look, I’m not trying to start any serious drama here. All I’m saying is, based on statements he made in a recent interview with Radio Metal, it is quite conceivable that current Guns N’ Roses guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal could soon meet with Axl’s swift, cold wrath. A few choice quotes from the cool but slightly frustrated Thal:

“If we had band photos, then people would say, ‘Oh, yeah, they’re a band. But we haven’t had a fucking real band photo or anything like that! So we are not presenting ourselves to the world as a band even though we are one…I feel that we could do more to establish the current band as its own band. It shouldn’t be in the shadow of the past.”

“As far as what delays the show[s]? I know where the finger is pointing, but I’m not going to get into that! I mean, sometimes it’s for stupid reasons! There have been times where Axl [Rose] is on his way over and the driver got lost for like a half hour. He gets there and everyone is pissed, like, ‘What the fuck?! How does that happen?’ You can literally see the venue from the hotel and it’s a five-minute drive but the driver got lost for a half…fucking…hour.”

“If you ask me about my stuff, I can tell you all kinds of plans for the future and what’s going to happen. If you ask about GN’R, it’s all a big question mark and it really is. It’s not like anything is being hidden, it’s just that nothing can be predicted.”

To be fair, Ron also praised Axl in the interview, saying “there has been no other singer that I have ever worked with in my fucking life that cares as much and that gives as much and that kicks as much ass on a stage and that works as hard as that guy.” Yet we all know how fickle the A man can be. A little bit of lip can go a long way. Watch out, Ron, you may soon be out the door in favor of some other strangely-nicknamed axe god.

P.S. – I have no idea what Ron’s holding in that photo. I assume it’s a lump of concentrated Chinese Democracy.

http://www.crawdaddy...ink-slip-watch/

#84 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:25 PM

Well, unless you're a subversive of course....
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

#85 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:35 PM

No, not really

#86 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

No, not really

So how come you never hear from those who've been 'suspended' then? I know about the special 're-education' centres they get sent to....

#87 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:24 PM

I'd guess they just realize how crap it is and come post somewhere like here instead.

#88 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

word homiePosted Image

#89 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:48 PM

Begin The Bumblefoot Pink Slip Watch

By: James Greene Jr.
published on March 3, 2011
236,236http://www.crawdaddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/bumblefoot.jpg[/img]

Look, I’m not trying to start any serious drama here. All I’m saying is, based on statements he made in a recent interview with Radio Metal, it is quite conceivable that current Guns N’ Roses guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal could soon meet with Axl’s swift, cold wrath. A few choice quotes from the cool but slightly frustrated Thal:

“If we had band photos, then people would say, ‘Oh, yeah, they’re a band. But we haven’t had a fucking real band photo or anything like that! So we are not presenting ourselves to the world as a band even though we are one…I feel that we could do more to establish the current band as its own band. It shouldn’t be in the shadow of the past.”

“As far as what delays the show[s]? I know where the finger is pointing, but I’m not going to get into that! I mean, sometimes it’s for stupid reasons! There have been times where Axl [Rose] is on his way over and the driver got lost for like a half hour. He gets there and everyone is pissed, like, ‘What the fuck?! How does that happen?’ You can literally see the venue from the hotel and it’s a five-minute drive but the driver got lost for a half…fucking…hour.”

“If you ask me about my stuff, I can tell you all kinds of plans for the future and what’s going to happen. If you ask about GN’R, it’s all a big question mark and it really is. It’s not like anything is being hidden, it’s just that nothing can be predicted.”

To be fair, Ron also praised Axl in the interview, saying “there has been no other singer that I have ever worked with in my fucking life that cares as much and that gives as much and that kicks as much ass on a stage and that works as hard as that guy.” Yet we all know how fickle the A man can be. A little bit of lip can go a long way. Watch out, Ron, you may soon be out the door in favor of some other strangely-nicknamed axe god.

P.S. – I have no idea what Ron’s holding in that photo. I assume it’s a lump of concentrated Chinese Democracy.

http://www.crawdaddy...ink-slip-watch/

What is Axl going to do? Fire him for telling the truth?
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#90 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:09 AM

Next.. on the Young and the Restless..
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users