American Idol

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

Ya, ya, I know it's a cheesy reality show but is anyone else here going to fess up to watching it? If so, who were your favorites to go through from tonight's show---guy's night? Mine are: Casey Paul Jacob James Brett

#2 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:41 PM

this is the first season I have watched idol most likely because there is nothing on the other channels at the time slot I want to see. I didn't watch before becuse I hated the people who think they could sing try out. thought it was a waste of air time and or used to make fun of people. this year i have to say I am getting into it, but I am unsure of the names that I like. I do love jacob the tall black man that sang god bless the child. I think he will have a contract no problem. he sang the luther vandros song the other night. I think the kid that played the base and has the reddish hair with the beard will do wonderfully. I picked 5 last night and now I don't remember the other three......

#3 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

Hula, the kid who played the base is Casey, my favorite so far. Jacob, I agree, is awesome and will get a contract regardless if he goes through to the next round. Tonight is the girl's turn and Thursday the results show. Thankfully, after that they won't take up three nights of TV viewing in one week... but I do like the show.

Casey on the base...........

#4 Felina

Felina

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:35 AM

I like cheesy tv shows. That kid who has the long curly hair...what's his name? I like him. Casey's my favorite though.. I kept turning off the sound so I didn't hear all the guys or gals. Any favs with the women?
"You will never have a pirate ship they cost millions moron."

#5 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:08 AM

I like cheesy tv shows. That kid who has the long curly hair...what's his name? I like him. Casey's my favorite though.. I kept turning off the sound so I didn't hear all the guys or gals. Any favs with the women?

The kid with the long curly, bushy reddish hair is Brett. Kind of skinny and effeminate looking. I like him too---he's got a nice personality---and I want to see him stick around for awhile but I don't think he can or should win.

Of the girls I like Thio, the 15 year old with dark hair, and Lauren.

#6 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:40 AM

I don't really care for this show, but my wife has been watching this season and it was on last night while I was in the chair reading. And I've gotta say....no soul in that bunch. A bunch of bland and boring performances. Most sang in too high a key, neglecting the richer, lower tones. They say one of them sounds like Janis. Who? Janis Smith down the street? The one who gets her main in her housecoat and hoards cats? Because there damn sure wasn't any Janis JOPLIN there last night. I don't care if Randy thinks that the girl who got the standing ovation gave one of the best performances they've ever seen. It was as plain as Wonder Bread. The judges are there to sell the show, and that means convincing the audience that the singers are amazing, even when they all give mediocre performances. I also thought that the girl who sang the jazzed up Fiona Apple number...her efforts to be sexy during her performance were clumsy and hilarious. Is she 14? Because then it would make sense. I think the real problem for most of them was probably song selection. Most of them picked very tame n' lame pop tunes. Those who didn't tended to suck for other reasons. So this is what we get. Singers who suck or another round of pop crap that we've heard a billion times over.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#7 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:10 AM

Freedom, girl's night really was a bunch of bland performances for me as well. I'm usually working on the computer while America Idol is on and if a contestant can make me look up from the keyboard to watch them sing, then I think they've got something. The girls hardly got my attention but the boys had me watching most of the show. Song selection becomes an issue more and more as the show progresses and the copy-cat singers get separated from the ones who have talent enough to bring their own style to the stage. The results show tonight should be interesting, though. Better than half of them will be going home tonight. Unfortunate, they'll keep 6 girls and 6 guys when it probably ought to be 8-9 guys and 3-4 girls.

#8 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:41 PM

hubby and I would hear a few and think there is no way that was any good and then the judges loved em Posted Image lol we are way better at picking beauty queens

#9 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:14 PM

It was an interesting night on Idol. The guys who got voted through were: James, Paul, Casey, Jacob and Scotty---I love them all. The girls who got voted through were: Haley, Thia, Karon, Lauren and Pia. The judges picked three wildcards to go through: Ashton, Stepfano and Naima.

#10 Felina

Felina

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

The judge's say it's the most talented group they've had in 10 yrs of the show - it's actually kind of dull. Out of all of them, I like Naima. But she's too wacky for America to vote for her. No one's even coming close to Adam Lambert from last year. Even though he was all show-boaty, I couldn't stop listening to him....
"You will never have a pirate ship they cost millions moron."

#11 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:07 PM

felina I love naima's look but not crazy about her voice. I think there are 3 girls or so that have powerful voices like naima and can carry and hold a powerful note, but the voices are ordinary to me. nothing special or unique about them. mariah, christina, babs, all have a sound that is unique but these gals just seem to me...not that I know anything just being a bitchy critic lol...but they seem kinda dull to me.

#12 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:57 PM

again....Crap...just voicin"

#13 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:41 PM

I'd rather listen to Pink Floyd
Show me your dragon magic

#14 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:57 PM

Or a clay aiken Cd.^

#15 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:08 PM

Posted Image............Posted Image..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users