Umm..........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#19 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:22 AM

Aw c'mon Zimbo, see how he's looking at you right there....
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#20 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:06 AM

Was that his audition tape for Twilight or something?

#21 Felina

Felina

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

Posted Image

Hey that's a great avatar for Zimbo!

Perfect!
"You will never have a pirate ship they cost millions moron."

#22 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

i've always had a soft spot for himPosted Image

#23 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:55 AM

i've always had a soft spot for himPosted Image

I don't think you have the equipment he likes though.

#24 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:43 AM

My favorites after tonight's show (in order): Casey James Paul Haley I'd be happy if Lauren, Stefano and Jacob get another chance to come back. The rest of the field don't do much for me at all. My prediction for who is going home tomorrow: Thai or Naima.

#25 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:09 AM

My favorites after last night are: Jack Daniels Jose Cuervo Captain Morgan 'Cause all those mediocre performances drove me to drinkin'! Seriously, there were like two good performances and a bunch of either mediocre or bad performances. I like the chubby kid who did Joe Cocker. Problem is, don't pick a song with plenty of soul and then do a weaker version of it. Pick a song with little soul and add that flavor. THAT I can appreciate. Instead, while his performance was the best of hte bunch, I still thought it fell below the standard of the Cocker version. They're good singers, but then the judges pretend like they're the best singers they've ever heard or that mediocre performances are amazingly powerful, and that annoys the shit outta me.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#26 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:37 AM

Freedom: That's Casey, my favorite, who did Joe Cocker. He's one talented kid. I can't stand the lovefest with the judges either. For the first time this season, I missed Simon last night. I didn't always agreed with him but he could be counted on for honest critiques. When a judge has a hard time saying any thing negative, like Jennifer does, then you have to take everything she says with a grain of salt.

#27 Jill

Jill

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:23 AM

Helloooooooooooooo, fellow Idol fans!

I love the new judge line-up this season. I actually think Jennifer has the best feedback of them all. The kids get constructive critique from her, and you can tell from week to week that they actually take that advice. She even makes Randy a better judge this year! Steven, he's this year's Paula, but man I love his witticisms. "Maybe you'll be able to afford to buy the rest of that dress." BWAH! I'd rather hear his type of "always say something nice" than drunkass Paula's. And Jennifer put Simon to shame. Simon may have been right about whether a performance was good or bad, but he never said anything constructive that the kids could work with. His "cruise ship/lounge singer/drunk uncle at a wedding" schtick got old a long time ago.

As for this year's crop of kids -- I actually do think it's the best ever. There's not a one of them that "can't sing", as there have been in the past. Chicken Little, Goat Girl, that red-headed crooner kid, Sanjaya! No more "make fun of them fodder" type contestants, and it makes for a vastly improved show overall. Even the ones we don't like, clearly have talent.

Thia has a beautiful voice. Her problem isn't that she can't sing, it's that she's way too immature to know who she is or wants to be as a performer. There's no artistry there. And as a result, she's boring beyond measure.

Naima knows who she wants to be, but she's having trouble executing it from week to week. Her problem is that she has a nice voice, but when she tries to combine singing and showmanship, the singing suffers.

Paul has a unique sound and he's a lot of fun. But for me, he needs to learn breath control and how to push his voice out of his chest more. He sings from his mouth only, which weakens his sound.

Stefano has a great tone to his voice, but he suffers a little bit from the cheesiness factor, which is worsened by the fact that he hasn't been connecting with the audience. This week he corrected that, and as a result, he knocked it out of the park.

Jacob has great tone and great power. His problem is the opposite of Paul's. He needs to be careful not to go overboard, especially with the runs. When he reins himself in a little bit (not too much, or we lose "Jacob"), he's phenomenal.

Lauren, like Thia, is young, but, unlike Thia she knows exactly who she is as an artist and that puts her head and shoulders above Thia. She's got a gorgeous voice, but like Stefano, she needs to watch out for the cheesiness factor. Her performance of Candle in the Wind was exquisite.

Haley has incredible talent; a lovely voice and a unique style. What she needs to do is be who she is week to week and not try to sing the songs the way the original artist did. During the Hollywood portion of the show, she did "herself", which is why the judges loved her and why she made it through. Once she got on the big stage in front of the huge audience, she lost a little of herself in trying too hard to "karaoke" the songs so that people would know she can sing, and it failed because it was too karaoke. Haley finally came out on stage and did Haley this week, and killed it.

Scotty's talent is so obvious it doesn't even have to be spelled out. But. . . he's starting to become very predictable and as a result, a little boring. He's also got a little too much cockiness for him to go all the way in this particular competition, which is as much about personalities as it is about singing. But he will be a HUGE country star. HUGE.

Pia's voice is pitch-perfect and full of power and range. There is no question but that she's a fantastic singer. Her problem is she's a Stepford Wife on that stage. Give me a CD of her singing ballads a la Barbra Streisand, and I could listen to her all day long.

James is a great performer. He burns up that stage and takes the audience on a ride they will leave the theater reeling from. But his vocals are actually just okay, not great. But in the world of music entertainment, he's got plenty of talent to become a big hit.

Casey is the most artistically talented one of the bunch. His musicality is unmatched. He's another one who needs to remember who he is and stop trying to be other people. He's not a "rocker" in the same sense that James is, so when he tried to compete with James in that playground, he lost. And he lost big time. And as comparable as he is to Joe Cocker, there is only one Joe Cocker and Casey is still too young and unseasoned yet to hold a candle to him. But when Casey does Casey, infusing a little Joe Cocker influence, he's amazing.

And that's what this show is supposed to be all about; finding young, talented kids who have great voices and a lot of potential, but are unknowns and unseasoned, and nurturing them through the process, ultimately turning one of them into an American Idol. This year I think the judges and producers have nailed it.

#28 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

Listening to them made me think "thank God Elton sang those songs instead of these hacks". Why must they pick popular songs? All that does is make me compare, where they inevitably fall short of the original.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#29 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

I have never been an idol fan, I was completely turned off the first few seasons when they do the auditions and focus so much on the folks that can't sing, seemed a bit like they were making fun of these people. I am also old enough that it felt a bit like the very old tv show aurher gofrey's amateur hour, which I hated even as a very small child. this year it won out and we are watching cuz nothing else is on opposite it. it is also a show that you can watch the last ten minutes and not miss much. so my thoughts are tempered with a bit of a bias. I think most of the singers all have nice voices and can sing, some even very powerfully but none have a voice that sets them apart from all the other "good" singers. out of the bunch I do think jacob is great. pia will do well as she has the look that goes with the voice and can be very commercial. the rocker guy is pretty basic rocker but has showmanship. I think casey is an original with a unique style just don't know if he is mainstream or not. the rest I think are just "average" good nothing really sets them apart or makes me think star quality. I agree with freedom 100%.

#30 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:19 AM

Pia was robbed! Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users