freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:49 AM

Pia was robbed! Posted Image

That's what you get in an competition where you vote for your favorite and have more than two candidates. Whichever contestant got the most votes, I'd bet they still got no more than 25% of the total. She was probably second or third on a lot of peoples' lists...you want her around but someone else gets your vote. All the AI voting proves is that she (or any loser) has the fewest FIRST PLACE votes...not that they're the least liked. The judges can criticize the vote all they want, but it's their fucking retarded system.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#32 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:43 AM

eh......

#33 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:07 AM

Aerosmith nixes ‘Idol’ gig

Band won’t back up Steven’s Fox-y promise

Aerosmith, fronted by new “American Idol” judge Steven Tyler, told the show’s producers last night to Dream On — the Bad Boys of Boston refuse to reunite onstage during the May 26 finale of the uber-popular Fox TV singing contest.

Sources close to the band told the Track that the four other members of Aerosmith weren’t interested in playing the gig despite Tyler’s repeated pronouncements that the rockers would perform at the crowning of this season’s “American Idol.”

While no official reason was given for taking a pass on the highly rated national TV gig, sources said Joe Perry, Tom Hamilton, Joey Kramer and Brad Whitford would rather appear on “Idol” when the band has something to promote like an upcoming tour or a new album.

For the past nine months, the band has been on somewhat of a Permanent Vacation while Tyler soaked up the spotlight as America’s favorite judge on the retooled Fox reality show.

There’s been an attempt at songwriting in La-La by Steven and some members of the band, but nothing with Perry, with whom Tyler has written dozens of monster hits like “Walk This Way.”

Perry, as you are so aware by now, has been estranged from his longtime writing partner ever since Tyler took the “American Idol” gig without giving his bandmates a head’s up.

And if that wasn’t enough, Steven revealed in his new book, “Does the Noise in My Head Bother You,” that Joe became addicted to prescription drugs during his painful knee surgeries back in 2008. (Joe hasn’t responded to the allegations.)

In fact, yesterday during a death march of Boston radio station visits to flog his new single, “(It) Feels So Good,” as well as his new autobiography, Tyler said Perry will have to “get over it” and get down to business of songwriting this summer.

“We’ve been in a marriage for 40 years and divorced a lot of times,” he told WAAF [website]-FM morning man Greg Hill. “He’s really pissed off about how I spoke about stuff in the book. But ya know, he’ll get over it. I had to get rid of that stuff otherwise I am not good. I got too many resentments about certain things. ... I love them all, they love me — they just don’t know it yet!

“It all doesn’t mean a thing compared to this album we’re going to do and the songs you’re going to hear,” the rocker told Hill-Man. “The make-up kiss is always the deepest, dark and wettest.” (Add a trademark Tyler howl here.)

http://news.bostonhe...e&position=also
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users