Photo

I gotta ask....

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

no T, he isn"t Batman, lol and No Chris, it has no side car...i dont know much about bikes but it is a beautiful Harley, all shiny red and chrome...i love idea of spending time with him in that manner..bike trips, exploring,the closeness of it etc....BUT, it isnt something I had envisioned when he said he did something for 'us' lol.....apparently we are going to embark on a 2-3 week bike trip through the Carolinas and stuff...one of his dream in late summer/early Fall...

You know what. Life is short. If you've got the money for a bike without going in debt, and it's his dream, go for it and enjoy his excitement. Just work out a bargain with your husband that every other vacation is your choice of vehicle and place.

#17 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:31 PM

At this point I'd rather get a convertible than a bike. They are simply too risky.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#18 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

At this point I'd rather get a convertible than a bike. They are simply too risky.

I'm lusting after a bike of another kind....figure I can't fall off from one of these.
http://www.terratrike.com/tour.php

Convertibles are nice. We had a '67 Oldsmobile Cutless convertible until 2000. My husband had ordered it right from the factory and we had a lot of fun with that car, but not as much fun as with his silver anniversary Corvette T-top. That car we still own but never drive.

#19 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

what about a safe suit of bubble wrap BJ? please don't tell me your rock & roll is too loud!

Posted Image

#20 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:27 PM

I'm lusting after a bike of another kind....figure I can't fall off from one of these.

Convertibles are nice. We had a '67 Oldsmobile Cutless convertible until 2000. My husband had ordered it right from the factory and we had a lot of fun with that car, but not as much fun as with his silver anniversary Corvette T-top. That car we still own but never drive.

I'll take this one if we can put a motor on it Posted Image

#21 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:32 PM

what about a safe suit of bubble wrap BJ? please don't tell me your rock & roll is too loud!

Posted Image

I'm wearing that suit right now as I post...

#22 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:33 PM

I've seen those bikes around here, pretty wild looking.

I love convertibles. I've never owned one though. Rented a few. I'll probably get one someday if everything lines up right (few years I suppose.)

#23 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

Too funny. Posted Image

#24 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

That is part of the enjoyment.

#25 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:40 PM

My left eye is fucked up because of an auto accident I was in years ago, I have blurry peripheral vision because of it. Between that and douchebags using their cell phones while driving, I'd be dead in a matter of months on a bike. Trust me though, I'd love to have one for the weekend.

#26 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:43 PM

Riding in a heavy populated area sucks . i like riding in more of a country setting.

#27 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

Winding roads are awesome. Back in the day I'd take my (second) bike down Bayshore Blvd. at night. So amazing.

#28 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:18 PM

no T, he isn"t Batman, lol and No Chris, it has no side car...i dont know much about bikes but it is a beautiful Harley, all shiny red and chrome...i love idea of spending time with him in that manner..bike trips, exploring,the closeness of it etc....BUT, it isnt something I had envisioned when he said he did something for 'us' lol.....apparently we are going to embark on a 2-3 week bike trip through the Carolinas and stuff...one of his dream in late summer/early Fall...

You know what. Life is short. If you've got the money for a bike without going in debt, and it's his dream, go for it and enjoy his excitement. Just work out a bargain with your husband that every other vacation is your choice of vehicle and place.

thanks ;) he's not MY husband

#29 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:16 PM

ooooopsie. Posted Image

#30 Jill

Jill

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:52 PM

apparently we are going to embark on a 2-3 week bike trip through the Carolinas and stuff...one of his dream in late summer/early Fall...

Under NO circumstances whatsoever should you even THINK about going on such a trip on a motorcycle without an intercom! I'm not kidding. You will be miserable if you spend hours riding on long roads and can't tell your guy you need to stop and pee, or even just point out scenery. My husband thought I was being ridiculous when I insisted on one for our trip up the Pacific Coast Highway from L.A. to San Francisco. But once it was installed and we started using it, he was sold immediately.

We have a Chatterbox wired system, but there are some new technologies since we got ours, so check out all your options before deciding. If we were buying a new one, this is the one I'd buy.

But I'm deadly serious. 2-3 weeks on the back of a bike without an intercom? A nightmare on wheels.

Depends on where you're riding. I hated taking the car up the Coast Highway. Cars come around those blind corners, sometimes in your lane! On the bike, we had a lot of room to allow for morons who cant navigate winding roads. In the car? We were nearly run over the edge of the cliff by some asshole who didn't comprehend the meaning of the line in the center of the road. I'd take a bike on a trip like that any day over a car!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users