wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

Ok, here it is.

How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#932 dokoliredw

dokoliredw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

acyclovir cream herpes labialis zovirax prescription online

#933 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

acyclovir cream herpes labialis zovirax prescription online

Is this like the first line of a rap or something?
Show me your dragon magic

#934 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

Смешные Шуточные смс любимым

I'm so drunk I forgot the alphabet :ph34r:

#935 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

A happy hour urban myth: Is 'breaking the seal' a real thing?

By Meghan Holohan
-
Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 AM EST
Posted Image
Toby Talbot / AP
It’s around the third beer when it hits you. Your bladder feels full and you gotta go -- like, now. You head to the restroom, and as you leave, your friend jokes that you're risking "breaking the seal": You urinate once while drinking and after that, you’ll have to get up every five minutes to pee.

It's an urban myth that even urologists wonder about, as it turns out.

“Last week we were at a dinner party and someone asked us this question. I looked it up. There is no physiological basis. There are theories as to why this happens,” explains Dr. Courtenay Moore, a urologist at the Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute at Cleveland Clinic.

While "breaking the seal" remains an urban legend, alcohol does have a real impact on the bladder and the urge to urinate. Drinking alcohol—whether it's one whiskey or three PBRs—intensifies the need to go.

“It can be shots, beer, volume isn’t necessary. The key thing is that [alcohol] produces the increased need to urinate,” explains James Zacny, associate professor of anesthesia and critical care at University of Chicago Medicine.

Alcohol consumption suppresses vasopressin, also known as anti-diuretic hormone. The pituitary gland in the brain releases ADH, which regulates water in your kidneys.

“Alcohol simply blocks the normal release of vasopressin … [vasopressin] promotes re-absorption of water in the kidney to the rest of the body. If you have this blocked, the water goes into the body,” Zacny adds.

Your body produces ADH when you are sleeping, for example, preventing you from waking to pee several times through the night. When you imbibe, the ADH excretion lessens, increasing your urine production. Most people’s bladder holds anywhere from 300 to 400 cubic centimeters (otherwise known as cc’s, a term ubiquitous in medical dramas). When people drink, they consume more liquids than usual; pair that with the body sending the unabsorbed water directly to the bladder, and it’s no surprise people feel more urgency. And once the drinking starts, the body goes through a vicious cycle.

“[Alcohol] decreases your ADH and you are producing more fluid. So when you produce more fluid and you fill your bladder more, you suppress more ADH,” Moore says.

And within 20 minutes of drinking, alcohol irritates the bladder, leading to that uncomfortable feeling of a full bladder, even if it isn’t.

Moore says that she has heard all sorts of crazy theories as to why people pee more while drinking, including that you urinate more because your sphincter contracts, which is completely untrue.

And while most theories about breaking the seal are false, Moore believes that some of it might be mental.

“It is a level of awareness. Cognitively, you may be a little impaired,” she says, adding that you might believe that breaking the seal is the real reason you feel the urge to pee more.

http://bodyodd.nbcne...real-thing?lite
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#936 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Interesting. I'd actually never heard of that expression before, but I never heard that about ADH either.

And that's why you wake up the next morning and feel like you have the entire Sahara Desert in your mouth.....

#937 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:08 PM

Well, let's necro this sum bitch... It was 11 years ago tonight that Bea passed. I guess that is about when I made most of y'alls acquaintance. Knocking a few back with the daughter, and some of her friends, remembering.

#938 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:56 AM

I hope you remembered fondly.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#939 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:53 AM

Of course.

How I wish she could've met her granddaughter... such a headstrong child, she is-- she even takes me to task if she disagrees.

#940 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:05 AM

Cracked the seal on that bottle I got for Christmas. Also, love some Frank.

#941 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:13 AM

Helped the neighbor out of a tough spot, recently, and he rewarded me with a bottle of 10 year old Bulliet. We broke the seal, tonight.

#942 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:42 PM

Ok, here it is.

Ah, memories... miss you Wedjat

Anyway, I have been trying to get drunk for weeks. Every time I make an attempt, I get bored and give up. I think tonight will be the difference. I usually give up after 2 or 3 drinks, but I am just about to start my forth, so wish me luck... also, join me in Old School Videos.

#943 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 01:21 AM

Y'all, I went to go to the liquor store, tonight, and be damned if it was closed! Now, you see, here, grocery stores can sell booze, and them sons a bitches can also close when they choose to be, Now, you might think that closing is their right, but fuck that! Those closin' early sons of bitches put a strain on our society!

You see, most proprietors of spirits sell their goods late into the night, but those goddamn grocery stores close early, and that ain't right.

If those motherfuckers want to sell booze, they should also have to stay open late... like a real fucking liquor store! Or, give up their license to someone that will maintain their fudiciary duty; instead of making me drive 3 fucking miles to get a drink.

... just sayin'

#944 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 02:49 AM

Drinking Xmas whiskey. Finished off the Rare Breed. Gotta a half bottle of Basil Hayden's single barrel left in the cabinet. Birthday in 2 weeks!

#945 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 05 July 2021 - 08:15 PM

https://twitter.com/...203183275925507

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users