963 replies to this topic

#946 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 20 July 2021 - 07:28 PM

Bush NA is surprisingly not bad. I can't believe I'm ok with drinking it. 

Clausthaler dry hopped NA is probably one of the best tasting beers I've ever had though. Yummy. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#947 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 20 July 2021 - 09:15 PM

I’m trying to drink much less- recently discovered athletic brewery company NA beers which are the best I’ve tried. Especially the run wild IPA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Show me your dragon magic

#948 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 21 July 2021 - 01:34 PM

I’m trying to drink much less- recently discovered athletic brewery company NA beers which are the best I’ve tried. Especially the run wild IPA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I tried that last year. I'm not an IPA guy, but those were pretty good. 

#949 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 July 2021 - 12:50 PM

You need to take this NA talk outta here!

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#950 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 01:15 PM

I have really been slacking off my drinking, of late... still have a little bit of Xmas whiskey left which I tried to finish a while back, but failed.

#951 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 03 August 2021 - 05:29 PM

You need to take this NA talk outta here!

Wish I could...

#952 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 11:27 PM

Well, I'm not drunk, yet. Finally, I finished off the Basil Hayden I got last Christmas. I honestly don't think I can remember the last time a bottle of liquor lasted me for a year, and make no mistake, I have drank other whiskey since then, but still... that's a long time.

I got a bottle of Forteleza anejo, today. Drank a lot of tequila in my 20s, but nothing this good. Looking forward to it.

Happy holidays, y'all.

#953 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 06:47 PM

Damn! I had 3 drinks the other night and it fucked me up. Woke up to a mess in the kitchen that I didn't remember making... on 3 fucking drinks!

#954 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 11:35 AM

Well, it's been over a year since I've drank anything. It hasn't been deliberate; I just haven't gotten around to it. I've thought about having a few, and actually planned on drinking once or twice, but I guess I just got bored with ideal.

So, let's see if I can fix that. Since, it's the holidays, I thought that I would imbib my old favorite, Wild Turkey(in college, my friends claimed that I single-handedly paid for the renovations they did at Austin Nichols back in the 80s). Went to my favorite booze store's website to check the options, and there are a shit-ton, these days, but goodamn, the prices. The neuveau-bourbon drinkers have driven the prices through the roof.

I used to be a wheater kind of guy, so Maker's was my drink, back then. Wild Turkey, then, kind of had a boorish unkempt stigma associated with it, but a friend of a friend convinced to buy a bottle one night, and it's been love, ever since... my fondness for the kicken' chicken transcends its potency and inebriating abilities, it is a genuine enjoyment of the rich flavor and almost hyper-sweetness. A julep made from 101º requires no syrup to provide the sweet; just a splash of water and some mint.

So, will tonight be the night??? Hell if I know, but I plan to knock a few back... maybe I'll go with something from Nelson Co.(no, not the aforementioned wheater). Knob Creek is looking good.

edit: hmmm... this looks good- https://www.totalwin...04&igrules=true

#955 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 22 November 2023 - 09:10 PM

Have a few for me. I could certainly use some. 

#956 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 11:56 PM

I didn't do it, again. I start doing something else, forget about it, and the next thing you know, it's midnight already. One of these days, though, I'm going to do it.

#957 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 November 2023 - 02:05 PM

I didn't do it, again. I start doing something else, forget about it, and the next thing you know, it's midnight already. One of these days, though, I'm going to do it.

You sound exactly like someone who's trying to quit, but you're doing the opposite.  And it's a trip.

Sister burn the temple

#958 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 28 November 2023 - 11:02 PM

This is me almost every day now. Can't even remember what I was going to do though. But I'm sure I was going to do something. 

#959 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 06 December 2023 - 11:21 PM

This is me almost every day now. Can't even remember what I was going to do though. But I'm sure I was going to do something. 

Just standing in front of some random drawer or cabinet wondering "why the fuck am I here?"...happens all the time.  But if I stare into the void long enough, I often remember. 

It wasn't this way before kids.

Sister burn the temple

#960 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 08 December 2023 - 06:21 PM

Just standing in front of some random drawer or cabinet wondering "why the fuck am I here?"...happens all the time.  But if I stare into the void long enough, I often remember. 

It wasn't this way before kids.

I remember once I leave that room and go into another. Then return to the drawer and forget again. Round and round I go like a total moron...

Yet I can remember 99% of the lyrics from Licensed to Ill. Pistol packing, monkey drinking, no money bum! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users